Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 579

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I don’t think people that will continue to listen to blink are bad, that’s not the point I’m making. Anything Travis related is a bit sour to me though, considering the way he props up abusers.

I think it’s fair to criticize him though, which is what I’m doing. I think that answer was a shitty answer and my hope is that his fans put some pressure on him and he realizes why that behavior isn’t helpful.

Joe4th and .K. like this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wasn’t implying you were saying Blink fans were bad, don’t worry. I respect people who will stand up for what they believe in if there is good there, and yes he opened himself up to criticism.

My question is though, if Travis doesn’t change his position at all, does this have an impact on your future listening to this band? I am especially interested in your answer because you found the quote (I think) and brought it up in this thread.

3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Yes it would. For me the music isn’t really worth that type of behavior continuing to permeate through the music scene. I think in this instance, Travis is just being an idiot and it defintely doesn’t warrant that reaction.

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Aaaand there's my first chorus block. Saw enough in the Thrice thread.

Joe4th, Ben Lee and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I can respect that. I was simply pointing out why he may have avoided answering the question. I think at this point based on that answer, and XXX being dead, that’s where he’ll he keep it. I do wonder if his stance would be different it was someone else in a different circumstance. I still find how people treat musicians with any sort of negative history interesting. Every Halloween people play Thriller by Michael Jackson. Jimmy Pgae Of Led Zepplin is still considered a rocks icon. It still surprises me.

Thanks for answering my question Ben. It’s nice having an actual mature conversation with people here.

6. Kuri44

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Can't wait for the people who complained about California to also complain when they change their sound up

8. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Kind of makes it apparent that his "I don't know him well enough on a personal level to speak on his actions" things is just a cop out. You don't know him well enough to condemn his actions but you know him well enough to feel comfortable to get a tattoo in his "honor" despite the "allegations."

At this point after repeatedly working with, backing these kinds of people and refusing to do the bare minimum by condemning abuse, Travis has more than shown where he stands on the issue and he's gross. Period.

sonder, Nathan, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  9. TheJMan

Trusted

Oh absolutely. Get your pop corn ready.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Fans are never happy no matter what they do lol

.K. likes this.
  11. Neighborhoods comes out > "Bring back the fun summer jams of Enema of the State!"
    California comes out > "Neighborhoods is better! Bring back the more mature stuff!"
    New album comes out > "This is too different... where's the fun summer pop punk jams?!"

This is the world we most likely will be living in in a few months, if this trend continues.

12. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

My first complaint will be about the lack of Yelawolf. I already have the draft saved.

13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

What will I be allowed to criticize if I don’t like it? I thought Neighborhoods was somewhere below mediocre with some solid moments and California was significantly better but still not all that great

14. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Dogs Eating Dogs EP?

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  15. Oh, and there will of course be the "Bring back Tom" people too...

Neighborhoods comes out > "Sounds too much like AVA, go away, Tom!"
    California comes out > "Bring back Tom! He was obviously the creative force and pushed the band to be different!"
    New album comes out > "This is different and weird... where's the fun summer pop punk jams?!"

Bad Frequencies and TheJMan like this.
  16. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

By far better than Drug, in my opinion.

17. BTDandFeelingThis

These are technically fair criticisms. I think @bradsonemanband and I are speaking in generalisms. Your critique of those two albums is fair and not overly analytical towards either.

TheJMan likes this.
  18. TheJMan

Trusted

I think it's perfectly fine to criticize something if you don't like it and it's a valid point. I think what we're talking about are the people that won't be happy no matter what the band puts out and will find something to criticize just to criticize.

For example people that say something like "oh I haven't liked anything they put out since Dude Ranch", maybe this band isn't for you if it's been 21 years since you liked something they put out. Or no Tom no blink. Those just get old and add nothing to a discussion. You know?

19. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I definitely like it better than Drug. Very catchy.

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

marceting, irthesteve, sonder and 3 others like this.
  21. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Mark’s tone and delivery in this song really reminds me of Her Space Holiday for some reason.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

cbronder1 and TheJMan like this.
  23. haha Mark's awkward dad dancing

Yeah, this song is better than "Drugs" but I'm still not on board... Just not a style of music I gravitate to at all. Whenever songs like this come on the radio, I usually change it fairly quickly. But I'm sure this could be just as popular as anything else on the radio right now.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  24. Looks like it's just going to be a digital release. But here's the track list:

1. Drug
    2. Strange Love
    3. How To Live
    4. Adrenaline
    5. Ether
    6. Lucy

irthesteve and Rowan5215 like this.
  25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wow I really fw with Strange Love, Mark's lyrics in the verses are the best we've heard from him in a while

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.