Blink-182 Band • Page 535

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Rowan5215

Can I measure your tree?

Fighting the Gravity slaps

Nathan likes this.
  2. bradsonemanband

Brad Frequencies Supporter

I wouldn’t go THAT far but yeah it’s not very good...

Haha :-)

David Parke and Rowan5215 like this.
  3. Rowan5215

Can I measure your tree?

well god damn I've been played like a fiddle

4. Nah you’re good. FTG contains no lyrics about dancing on tree tops or wicker baskets so it’s already a step ahead

David Parke and inwaves like this.
  5. Rowan5215

Can I measure your tree?

I just love the trip hop vibe of FTG, Mark's lyrics are super intense and it has a great atmosphere. Honestly that and Kaleidoscope were my ideal blueprint for what the next album could have been, much as I still like California

6. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

FTG is so weird it makes it good. I really dig it.

7. Heron182

Regular

Really hope we can get a acoustic track like krystalline

cbronder1 likes this.
  8. callumnmacleod

Do or do not, there is no try. Supporter

I like "Fighting The Gravity", personally found it to be one of the more interesting experiments post reunion. I feel like "Los Angeles" has some similar things going on, with more energy.

hongfong00 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  9. bradsonemanband

I remastered the early Blink demo tapes today. You can't really polish turds, but hopefully I at least gave them a nice spit shining.

blinkdemos

ship90, SlappinCups, TheJMan and 5 others like this.
  10. slimfenix182

Trusted Supporter

I've never really felt an urge to listen to the early blink demos. I didn't know Degenerate, Voyeur, New Hope and Enthused were around that early. Interesting

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. bradsonemanband

Yeah, it’s pretty cool! There’s a few other demos of Dude Ranch songs that I have that I will probably get around to remastering this week.

12. I’m genuinely surprised. I don’t think I’ve ever heard that version of a new Hope. Where did you get it?

13. Rowan5215

Can I measure your tree?

oh man hell yeah. Better Days is an absolute lost gem

14. TheJMan

Trusted

Any demos (which are basically Flyswatter, Demo #2 and the mysterious Buddha Promo) that were recorded before Cheshire Cat are tough to listen to because of the audio quality and the songs not being all that good. But the demos for Lemmings and Enthused that appear on the Wasting Time EP are fine.

Voyeur is a completely different song than the one that appears on Dude Ranch.

It's actually funny/interesting that Waggy, Enthused, A New Hope, Degenerate and Lemmings were previously released before Dude Ranch dropped. That's 5 out of the 15 songs on the album, or a third of the album. Can you imagine the outcry the internet would have if blink did that today?

bradsonemanband and slimfenix182 like this.
  15. TheJMan Jan 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

It came from the mysterious Buddha Promo tape that apparently was released in 1995 after Cheshire Cat was to promote Buddha being released on cassette tape by Kung Fu records. That demo tape is floating around the internet for years but there's a lot of debate as to whether or not this promo tape actually existed or is a fake.

The track list is:

- Princess Leia (demo for A New Hope - never appeared elsewhere)
    - The Girl Next Door (later released for Buddha but wasn't on the original Buddha demo)
    - Strung Out/Enthused (there's a debate as to what the actual name of this track is but it's a demo to Enthused but some places have the title as Strung Out, appears on the Wasting Time EP)
    - Ben Wah Balls (same recording as Cheshire Cat)
    - Does My Breath Smell? (demo that first appeared on the Short Bus EP)
    - Voyeur (completely different song from the one that appeared on Dude Ranch - never appeared elsewhere)
    - Wasting Time (demo that first appeared on the Short Bus EP)
    - Don't (later released for Buddha but wasn't on the original Buddha demo)

There are the two songs that never appeared elsewhere which makes people think it's real but someone people think it's a fake though. There was a Dude Ranch demo tape that a few people had that Warren Fitzgerald (he produced some of their earlier EPs/splits/songs) recorded for the band in 1995/1996ish before the band entered the studio but no one has been able to get the full tape which people point to and say that's where those two songs came from. There's like 15 second clip of a demo of Apple Shampoo that's on Youtube but not the full version. None of the other Dude Ranch demos have ever surfaced but people that were close to the band said they heard those demos directly from Mark and Tom. Apparently Dammit had a longer name and it was named after a quote from Beavis and Butthead that Mark liked but they shorten up from the Dude Ranch release. Blink started playing Princess Leia/A New Hope in concerts going back to early 1996 so that's why people point to the 1995 date as when these demos were done.

No one has ever seen a physical copy of the promo tape so who knows.

16. broken22

(:

Hulu released a Fyre festival documentry today. They beat Netflix to the punch.

17. TheJMan

Trusted

Are any of the members of blink on it talking about it?

18. broken22

(:

I haven't watched it yet.

TheJMan likes this.
  19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

No one in the band/blink camp are in the documentary.

David Parke and TheJMan like this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Prestigious

21. Best pod

22. slimfenix182

Trusted Supporter

Just watched that Hulu one, it's weird how blink was the first indication of the shitfest, had no idea Kanye was supposed to play it cause all my news was from here. That doc makes me hate social media and not feel bad for anybody there, if a Kendall Jenner IG post can convince you to drop thousands on an unknown music festival you're a fucking idiot

broken22 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I may be one of the few that does feel bad for the people that paid to go to it. Regardless of their circumstances, they paid money for a luxurious music festival and they got an absolute shit show. Like, I’m not gonna say fuck them they deserve it because they’re rich and could afford to buy tickets to it. It was a really shitty situation for them.

And it wasn’t one social media postby Jenner that got everyone in.

24. slimfenix182

Trusted Supporter

Lol I'm obviously exaggerating. I just find Instagram influencers in general the lamest shit.

25. I ... do not feel bad.