Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 535

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, it’s pretty cool! There’s a few other demos of Dude Ranch songs that I have that I will probably get around to remastering this week.

2. I’m genuinely surprised. I don’t think I’ve ever heard that version of a new Hope. Where did you get it?

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

oh man hell yeah. Better Days is an absolute lost gem

4. TheJMan

Trusted

Any demos (which are basically Flyswatter, Demo #2 and the mysterious Buddha Promo) that were recorded before Cheshire Cat are tough to listen to because of the audio quality and the songs not being all that good. But the demos for Lemmings and Enthused that appear on the Wasting Time EP are fine.

Voyeur is a completely different song than the one that appears on Dude Ranch.

It's actually funny/interesting that Waggy, Enthused, A New Hope, Degenerate and Lemmings were previously released before Dude Ranch dropped. That's 5 out of the 15 songs on the album, or a third of the album. Can you imagine the outcry the internet would have if blink did that today?

bradsonemanband and slimfenix182 like this.
  5. TheJMan Jan 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

It came from the mysterious Buddha Promo tape that apparently was released in 1995 after Cheshire Cat was to promote Buddha being released on cassette tape by Kung Fu records. That demo tape is floating around the internet for years but there's a lot of debate as to whether or not this promo tape actually existed or is a fake.

The track list is:

- Princess Leia (demo for A New Hope - never appeared elsewhere)
    - The Girl Next Door (later released for Buddha but wasn't on the original Buddha demo)
    - Strung Out/Enthused (there's a debate as to what the actual name of this track is but it's a demo to Enthused but some places have the title as Strung Out, appears on the Wasting Time EP)
    - Ben Wah Balls (same recording as Cheshire Cat)
    - Does My Breath Smell? (demo that first appeared on the Short Bus EP)
    - Voyeur (completely different song from the one that appeared on Dude Ranch - never appeared elsewhere)
    - Wasting Time (demo that first appeared on the Short Bus EP)
    - Don't (later released for Buddha but wasn't on the original Buddha demo)

There are the two songs that never appeared elsewhere which makes people think it's real but someone people think it's a fake though. There was a Dude Ranch demo tape that a few people had that Warren Fitzgerald (he produced some of their earlier EPs/splits/songs) recorded for the band in 1995/1996ish before the band entered the studio but no one has been able to get the full tape which people point to and say that's where those two songs came from. There's like 15 second clip of a demo of Apple Shampoo that's on Youtube but not the full version. None of the other Dude Ranch demos have ever surfaced but people that were close to the band said they heard those demos directly from Mark and Tom. Apparently Dammit had a longer name and it was named after a quote from Beavis and Butthead that Mark liked but they shorten up from the Dude Ranch release. Blink started playing Princess Leia/A New Hope in concerts going back to early 1996 so that's why people point to the 1995 date as when these demos were done.

No one has ever seen a physical copy of the promo tape so who knows.

6. broken22

(:

Hulu released a Fyre festival documentry today. They beat Netflix to the punch.

7. TheJMan

Trusted

Are any of the members of blink on it talking about it?

8. broken22

(:

I haven't watched it yet.

TheJMan likes this.
  9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

No one in the band/blink camp are in the documentary.

David Parke and TheJMan like this.
  10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

11. Best pod

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just watched that Hulu one, it's weird how blink was the first indication of the shitfest, had no idea Kanye was supposed to play it cause all my news was from here. That doc makes me hate social media and not feel bad for anybody there, if a Kendall Jenner IG post can convince you to drop thousands on an unknown music festival you're a fucking idiot

broken22 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I may be one of the few that does feel bad for the people that paid to go to it. Regardless of their circumstances, they paid money for a luxurious music festival and they got an absolute shit show. Like, I’m not gonna say fuck them they deserve it because they’re rich and could afford to buy tickets to it. It was a really shitty situation for them.

And it wasn’t one social media postby Jenner that got everyone in.

14. slimfenix182

Lol I'm obviously exaggerating. I just find Instagram influencers in general the lamest shit.

15. I ... do not feel bad.

16. broken22

(:

After watching the doc the conclusion I came to is that McFarland is a douchebag and those people I do not feel bad for because they should have known better.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

I watched the Hulu doc last night too. That guy McFarland is more than a con man, I think he suffers from compulsive lying and actually convinces himself of the things he says.
    Also how the hell can you guys not feel bad for those people? The GA passes for this were only $999, and that included airfare. If I had a group of friends willing to go....$1000 to spend 3 days in the Bahamas and see Blink 182 with airfare and accommodations included is a steal. I didn't really see it as rich millennials spending ridiculous money on a concert.....I saw it more of a really nice vacation for a really cheap price.

I don't follow any of these IG influencers, though, so this festival wasn't even on my radar until the shitstorm went down.

19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Couldn't help but laugh when the influencers were asked to describe their 'brand,' and they couldn't really come up with an answer.

"Its. You know...
    Positivity."

20. slimfenix182

Lol that was hilariously sad

21. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Kinda wish I had Hulu to watch this now. Will be watching the Netflix one though

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Mark was in the studio again today per IG

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I still need to watch it, but I basically agree with all of that. I never really liked how people blamed all of the festival goers for that stuff. "Ha those rich kids deserved it!" Hopefully these documentaries kind of put it all into perspective.

24. BTDandFeelingThis

cbronder1 likes this.
  25. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Hulu has Seinfeld and King of the Hill. That should be reason enough!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.