Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 511

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I picked these because they’re all conscious departures by the artists from the very polished and commercially successful albums that preceded them

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Hell yeah

Either that or if they aren’t going to change

Weezer- The White Album
    Death Cab For Cutie- Thank You For Today
    Jimmy Eat World- Integrity Blues

Bands that have been around roughly as long as blink have making quality, fresh, well written albums that are still mature.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. broken22

(:

I hope Mark got a lot of inspiration from " I Can't Believe " because that song is a top tier Trio song and probably one of the best songs Matt has ever written.

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Serious answer though

Disintegration
    Crimson
    Untitled

fran.182 likes this.
  5. broken22

(:

Blink 182:Self Titled
    Alkaline Trio:Good Mourning
    Saves The Day:Stay What You Are

Bad Frequencies and DannyZach like this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You know a band is in a strange place when you think “You know who could write an album like Untitled? The only guy in the band who wasn’t involved in the writing of Untitled.”

7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'd give them three copies of Futures by Jimmy Eat World.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  8. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Wyhsb, Crimson and Babylon

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  9. Stra1ghtArrow

A mix of When your heart stops beating, Good Mourning, futures, Box Car Racer (controv) - Would be incredible.

Few personal points:

I think they really need to utilize their skills properly this time round.
    1. Use Skibas darker song writing and song construction. Listening to All on Black a lot recently - It's an amazingly put together song and some fantastic lyrics.
    2. As a poster said earlier, the drumming in Box Car Racer is incredible, a lot of those songs a carried by the drumming, they need to utilize Travis as much as possible.
    3. Mark's singing on when your heart stops beating is great and shows he can go down the darker router, this is where they need to solidify a bond between him and Matt.
    4. Reason I whacked Futures in here is because the production is spot on. Its not over the top but its not too stripped down, which would be perfect, I felt California was way over produced, its sometimes a cringe to listen.

David Parke likes this.
  10. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

SP - Siamese Dream (I want heavy, layered guitars)
    JEW - Clarity (I want pretty production and heartfelt emotional content)
    Diplomats- Diplomatic Immunity (I want them to rap about guns and selling drugs)

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't think they have it in them to release something that I enjoy.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New and inspired Blink would be nice.

As much as I would love another throwback sound or a sound influenced from older/loved albums, it’s time for them to take a step forward to see what they got. They have a new member and a half (Skiba/Feldy) and I’m sure they’ve experienced a lot of life since CA era. I would like to see that growth on the next album.

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’m confident that’s what we’re getting next album.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It seems like people want something new but don't exactly know what that is. I personally would like to see them try something like they did with Untitled. Not sound like that record or try to recapture what they did there, just revisit why it was so successful.

Still have some songs with the energy and catchiness of California that are reminiscent of classic blink, but don't box themselves in to the same two-verse, three-chorus structure in every song. Also take some time to capture some different textures and feelings (a la When Your Heart Stops Beating). And of course we've hammered this topic to death, but just don't be so repetitive and predictable like with California. Vocals crammed into every second of the song, the same guitar riffs, same chord progressions, etc.

TheJMan and fran.182 like this.
  15. I want to feel about a blink record the way I feel about “a brief inquiry into online relationships” please

16. BTDandFeelingThis

Not me. I thought that album was just OK. I want to LOVE the next album

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't see blink approaching anywhere near that level of quality

18. We’re in a fight now.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I don’t like The 1975. I will never understand them and my face cringed when I tried listening to the new album. I hope Blink does nothing like that because I want to like the new album.

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Note to self- never return to this thread.
    Ever.
    Again.

21. BTDandFeelingThis

Hey it’s ok to have different opinions man :-) what’s good and bad is different to everyone.

David Parke likes this.
  22. Would kill for Matty and George to produce and co-write a Blink song.

23. [​IMG]

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. Your mouth to god’s ears. :folded:

25. Something like that would be the best chance we'd have at sonic experimentation. Would be incredible.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.