Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 508

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think his Boxcar work is far more creative, groovy, and dynamic. He recorded all the tracks on his standard sized kit and then again on a much smaller kit and cymbals for variety in tones. Playing on different sized drums also forces you to play differently and I think it comes through in his parts.

His drumming on Untitled is, of course, amazing but I feel like he is overplaying on a lot of it and I get sort of distracted. I'd say the highlghts on that album are the Feeling This groove and his fills in Down, which never repeat.

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Haha I have memories tied to it too. I drove to the local mall to buy it from hot topic the day it came out. There was a snow storm (over a foot of snow) and it took me over an hour to drive there and over an hour to drive back (normally should have been 20 minutes round trip).

My license was also under suspension, so me and my friend drove there with my license suspended in a snow storm when they were asking people to stay off the roads to buy it. I felt it was worth it back then and now I look back and realize how stupid it was

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Best thing Travis has done (professionally) is joining Blink 182. Added something extra to the band and launched him to become a recognaizable name and participate in so many side projects where he could show a variety of skills allowing us to each pick and choose our favourite style of drummming he’s done.

Unrelated, but watching him play drums with one hand after breaking his wrist was impressive and thinking this guy survived a horrible plane crash and still manages to make music at all amazes me.

4. TheJMan

Trusted

Good question to wonder is if blink would have been as popular without Travis joining the band. Whether Scott stayed on or they got a different drummer all together.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think they’d have been fine building off Dammit and Josie, but I do think Travis added another element musically. Mark and Tom has big personalities. It works for music videos like What’s My Age Again? all All The Small Things. But the drum intros and sections to songs as a none drummer were very positively noticeable moving forward.

TheJMan and slimfenix182 like this.
  6. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

In the Pursuit of tone doc Tom talks about how the band changed after Travis joined, how they started changing riffs to fit Travis' beats and so on. Travis brought a new dynamic to the band that helped them stand out from other pop-punk bands at that time. They would be a lot less interesting band without Travis imo (even though my second favorite blink album is Dude ranch).

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Look at Travis sitting over there doing nothing while Feldmann writes all his drum parts. Smh.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Since Matt joined the band, they’ve released California, a bunch of songs that made up California’s Deluxe version, and there has been an Alkaline Trio album and tour as well. Now, working on new Blink. Here’s sure added the let’s do this factor back into the band.

10. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Can somone transcribe those lyrics mark just posted?

David Parke likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The expectation of letter boys to ash?

Lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Just read those lyrics in Boomhauer’s voice. It works.

David Parke and SlappinCups like this.
  13. Heron182

Regular

Something better days
    Something to far away

Long forgotten

Horrible writing lol

14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

The expectation of better days to drift so fancys to far away places to just fife until I lips long forgotten up always pusha t what they thought we should be they never got it hi here r lore slut rh

Pretty self explanatory.

David Parke likes this.
  15. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

We ?days/drugs? pusht what they thought we should be
    they never ?got/get? ?in?
    ?he? never bought in
    the expectation of better days
    to getaways to far away
    places to just fake until

Put it in the order that it looked like he might be trying to go in with the arrows and omitted the crossed out words.

16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

blink-182/pusha t collab confirmed

Bad Frequencies and David Parke like this.
  17. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Feldy doesnt look like he wants to be there

18. Stra1ghtArrow

Those wanting a less nah nah nahhh record gonna be disappointed :(

19. BTDandFeelingThis

Oh do you have some insider knowledge we don’t?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m sure there will be at least one “she said”

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  21. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Its nice to see them all together, hopefully they are picking up pace now so we can hear this thing soon!

cbronder1 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

I mean, would it be a Mark Hoppus album if there wasn’t at least one?

David Parke and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Do you guys think it is an active choice to not post any clips with sound from the studio and not really doing any interviews about the album (since spring basically)?

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  24. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah. Maybe they want to surprise us

SanityIsAFullTimeJob likes this.
  25. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

I'd be down for a blink single as a christmas present

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.