Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 416

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The agreement was that they can continue blink but when aliens take over earth Tom won't save them seats on the ships that take super important people to the Mars habitat. Those government connections tho

2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Mister Lyrical and David Parke like this.
  3. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Would love to see the details of this contract.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I would too. It's apparently public record.

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope one day they get someone from Blink on the show and they can discuss everything like this.

David Parke likes this.
  6. TheJMan

Trusted

I admit I not an expert nor will I pretend to know what I'm talking about but with the pictures from the tweets the first 3 pictures are from documents dated 11/8/08, 8/7/06 and 3/11/09. The first picture seems it it's some sort of trademark, and the 2nd and 3rd pictures are about Poo Poo Butt Inc. The 4th picture that only has Mark and Travis' names on it is about Viking Wizard Eyes, LLC. which was filed on 2/17/16.

So my stupid question is Viking Wizard Eyes, LLC. the actual name of the blink brand and includes everything blink related? Kind of like how Coca Cola is the name of the parent company but covers PowerAde, Dasani etc.

7. the hosts of this podcast are tooooo much... can't. go. on. any. longer.

Jason Tate and David Parke like this.
  8. Yes and no. I find it charming at this point? Lol

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I've spent a year with these host. They really grow on you.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  10. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I wonder if @bradsonemanband knows they talked about Cootie Catcher on the podcast before?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Also I am fully invested into Blink-155 50 something episodes in. The tangents and shit they can dig into for 30 second joke songs is both disturbing and utterly fascinating.

David Parke likes this.
  12. Hahaha yeah I’m aware of them mentioning (and talking a little shit on) my old Blink tribute song on an episode before.

David Parke likes this.
  13. I wasn’t sure how that pod would go over in here so I stayed closeted. Glad to know the nation is strong in here.

14. dzyjay

Regular

#thenation #bill

David Parke likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Today is a blink-182 kind of day

cbronder1 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ok I'm a lawyer and even I'm confused by these documents lol. Something seems to be missing but I guess we can fill in the blanks. There was a corporation called Poo Poo Butt Inc that only Tom & Mark were officers of, which they dissolved in 2009. Now there's a limited liability corporation called Viking Wizard Eyes that as of February 2016 only Mark and Travis are officers of.

I guess to fill in the blanks.....maybe Poo Poo Butt was their company that owned the Blink trademark, and when they reunited in 2009 they dissolved it and created Viking Eyes (maybe to finally include Travis?)......then at some point Mark and Travis bought out Tom's shares of the LLC, and thus the 2016 document only has Mark & Travis's names on it.

Jason Tate and TheJMan like this.
  17. i listened to a few songs off Dude Ranch on my way to work this morning

18. TheJMan

Trusted

Thanks for the expert opinion. That's what I was thinking in my previous post as the documents aren't really clear.

I didn't hear the podcast what talked about all of this so don't know what the explanation was. Again if true I'm pretty surprised that Tom would give up his shares in the 'company' and then shot his mouth off about how it's still his band etc. but then again I'm not surprised with him shooting his mouth off about non sense.

19. razorburn

Trusted

My favourite album of theirs. Mark especially shines on it, and these lyrics in “Apple Shampoo” always kill me:

“I'll take what you're willing to give,
    And I'll teach myself to live,
    With a walk-on part of a background shot,
    From a movie I'm not in.“

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Fun fact: I've only heard the studio versions of "Pathetic" and "Voyeur" a handful of times, but I listened to them to no end on The MT&S Show so I know them really well.

My brother gave me a brand new copy of Dude Ranch when I was young and the first two songs were fucked up right out of the package. I just got used to starting the album with "Dammit" most of my life.

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. Hahahahaha the backgrounds are awesome and three less than jake songs:crylaugh:

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That "Better Than Jake" song title strangely sounds like something Less Than Jake would actually use.

slimfenix182 and David Parke like this.
  24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Travis got a face tattoo. We’ve crossed into that level now.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.