Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 261

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jorbjorb

7 rings

Pretty much.

skurt likes this.
  2. TheJMan

Trusted

Depends, will Tom actually care and put in an effort? If so give me the original line up. I know I'm guilty of bashing him but it's just a different band with Matt in it. Not saying it's good/bad/better/worse it's just different. In my opinion the band was at it's best when the line up was Mark, Tom and Travis and all 3 members cared.

bradsonemanband and skurt like this.
  3. TheJMan

Trusted

I can't see Tom coming back that soon with all the stuff going on with To The Stars....

Seriously though I can't see Mark and Travis letting him play a show, it would be an awkward situation for them and Matt too. The only way they would let Tom play with them is if Matt left the band or if they got inducted into the Hall of Fame and he played a handful of songs with them.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Eh, I don't know. I just don't think it requires too much of a time/energy commitment to play one or two nights of songs that you've already been playing for a years. Honestly, his live input over the years has been at the bare minimum anyway - you can tell he hardly practiced and doesn't really care about playing/singing with any kind of accuracy.

I think constantly playing with Matt is cool even if it's mostly singles, but I think doing a one-off with Tom for an album show would be a big hit.

5. TheJMan

Trusted

I think if they had handed Tom's exit better (i.e. if the band released a joint statement saying Tom is stepping down to pursue To The Stars stuff and won't have the time to be in the band but Mark and Travis want to continue on with blink and there will be a replacement for Tom but the door is open for Tom to return in the future if he wants to) I don't think it would have been out of the question. I just think things were too messy and still a lot of bad blood no matter what everyone says in the press. I don't think Mark or Travis would put themselves or Matt in that position even if it was for one show. There wouldn't be anything positive to come from it and they risk Matt having hurt feelings over it. Just not worth it.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah as long as Matt wants to be in blink, they're not playing a show with Tom. It's silly to suggest otherwise really. And he can't even bother to play a show for the band he cares more about lol.

TheJMan likes this.
  7. cbronder1

Regular

I always thought it'd be funny if Tom formed a new project with Scott and just called it "blink"

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm just talking about the hypothetical situation that they actually want to do something for the 15-year anniversary. I don't think there is any point in having Matt play a special anniversary show for an album he had no part in.

To be clear, I don't even think it will happen, but I'm saying if there is ANY point where Tom would ever collaborate with Mark and Travis again, it would be under these circumstances. One show, old songs, lots of money. Suggesting they would be hurting Matt's feelings by playing one show with Tom is a little silly, in my opinion.

TheJMan likes this.
  9. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

BTDandFeelingThis and ship90 like this.
  10. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Got this in today, super stoked about it. Collection is growing!

[​IMG]

11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Does it surprise anyone that I had this drawn up for an RSVP card for my wedding?

Attached Files:

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

13. TheJMan

Trusted

Is the version of Lemmings the same as Dude Ranch, Wasting Time EP or a totally different version? I’m guessing it’s the demo from the Wasting Time EP.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  14. Today is a Box Car Racer kind of day.

15. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

skurt and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

17. TheJMan Nov 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2017)
    TheJMan

Trusted

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Just saw that 311 is already back in the studio with Feldy. Looks like he's infected them the same way as he did blink. Can't wait for 12 songs from both bands next year all using the same exact chord progression.

AlwaysEvolving21, TheJMan and skurt like this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I hate how accurate this prediction is.

skurt and bradsonemanband like this.
  20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

While California isn’t my favorite, I’m bummed they never did those shows where they were going to play it in full

21. Same. I really want to hear "Rabbit Hole" live. (You know, like they said they'd play at every show from the release of it until the end of time, or whatever Mark said... SIGH!)

22. TheJMan

Trusted

I really didn't understand their set list choices for the two year California album cycle but then again you could have said the same thing since 2011 starting with the Neighborhoods tour.

BTDandFeelingThis and skurt like this.
  23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

The best part is that it says Mark's dad works for the Department of Defence so Tom might recruit him for To The Stars.

skurt likes this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

And the same guitar tones.

skurt likes this.
  25. TheJMan

Trusted

Haha, imagine if this is all part of Mark's master plan to get Tom out of blink and he used his dad and his dad's friends to make up alien stories?

Preserved Moose and skurt like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.