Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TheJMan

Trusted

Yay we broke the old thread!

Man Overboard
    Party Song
    Anthem
    WMAA
    Adam's Song
    ATST

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. Matt_P

Regular

Man Overboard Vs. Mutt
    The Party Song Vs. Family Reunion
    Aliens Exist Vs. Anthem
    Dumpweed Vs. What's My Age Again?
    Adams Song
    Vs. Dysentery Gary
    All The Small Things Vs. Don't Leave Me

3. Nb1983

Man Overboard
    The Party Song
    Anthem
    Dumpweed
    Dysentery Gary
    Don't Leave me

4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I broke the thread lol

ComedownMachine likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Man Overboard
    The Party Song
    Anthem
    What's My Age Again
    Adam's Song
    Don't Leave Me

6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Man Overboard
    The Party Song
    Aliens Exist
    What's My Age Again?
    Adams Song
    All The Small Things

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Mid day totals:

Man Overboard-18
    Mutt-5

The Party Song-21
    Family Reunion-2

Aliens Exist-7
    Anthem-16

Dumpweed-10
    What's My Age Again?-13

Adams Song-16
    Dysentery Gary-7

All The Small Things-5
    Don't Leave Me-18

truelovewaits likes this.
  8. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Man Overboard
    Family Reunion
    Anthem
    What's My Age Again?
    Adams Song
    All The Small Things

9. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Man Overboard Vs. Mutt
    - Mutt is lame, it and Aliens Exist are the only songs I skip on Enema. Man Overboard is way too great of a b-side and I have no idea how they left it off the record.
    The Party Song Vs. Family Reunion
    - I wish they played The Party Song live, it's too fast for Mark on his own but with help from another vocalist, this song would be a jam live. Lyrics nail the theme perfectly, if a little juvenile. Family Reunion is okay as a joke song, they've made better ones though.
    Aliens Exist Vs. Anthem
    - I hate Aliens Exist with a passion, though the live version makes it slightly better. This one's a no-brainer even if I'm not the biggest fan of Anthem. Lyrically it's pretty juvenile (That's a trend on Enema) but I figured Tom intentionally made this to be an anthem for teenage kids so I don't mind it. When I was younger and heard Tom sing "I Time Bomb" I knew exactly what he meant and it didn't matter how simple it was.
    Dumpweed Vs. What's My Age Again?
    -This was the first one that was tough, Dumpweed's a hell of an opener if the lyrics had aged better, I might have given it the edge over What's My Age Again. Both riffs are iconic, but What's My Age Again was my favorite song when I was 7 and if I'm still jamming it after this long I can't not pick it.
    Adams Song Vs. Dysentery Gary
    -God this one was difficult too. Dysentary Gary is my favorite deepcut on Enema and its a rare Tom/Mark vocal song from this era so I really don't wanna put it down this early. Adam's Song gets the vote though for the surprising maturity and kudos to Blink and their record label for having the balls to push out a single about suicide to the radio. There's a lot of songs where Blink misses the mark lyrically, but this one nails the message and tackles it the correct way. Kudos to Mr. Hoppus
    All The Small Things Vs. Don't Leave Me
    -All The Small Things is a multi-platinum single for a reason no matter how much I like Don't Leave Me. Both great songs but it'd be wrong to not go with All The Small Things simply because I heard it so many times.

@BTDandFeelingThis
    Is the bracket for Enema the album then Man O, Family Reunion, Blow Job, and The Country Song?

marceting and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

No only Man O and FR are in the Enema bracket. Adding the other two would have created more byes.

11. Mister Lyrical

Wouldn't 16 songs mean no byes?

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Well fuck...too late now lol. I'll just add them into the Uranus matchup or something

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Let's be realistic though, they'd probably be doing as well as FR is right now lol

14. Mister Lyrical

The joke songs should get their tournament when this is all over. Another one with just the singles would be interesting as well.

15. BTDandFeelingThis

All possible considerations for the future.

16. Man Overboard - I love Mutt but MO was such a great after the success of enema.
    The Party Song - this was my first favorite track off the album. I saw them play it live in 2002 at kroq’s Inland Invasion 25 years of punk rock festival show.
    Anthem - blink does album openers and closers better that anyone.
    Dumpweed - see above comment
    Dysentery Gary - personally, spoke to me more but I get Adam’s Song’s popularity So I wouldn’t mind it moving forward but if it wins I’m gonna be side eyeing this thread for a while.
    Don't Leave Me - I’m gonna do it. Maybe ATST has single-itis with me and it’s GREAT on the album and the video is solid but lyrically I prefer DLM. Sorry, kids.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Why are we doing Man Overboard and Family Reunion but not Going Away to College and Wendy Clear? Makes waaaay more sense to substitute those

18. BTDandFeelingThis

The byes were random. I agree but I wanted to let it be random to keep it fair(you know SOMEONE will disagree which songs got they bye). Don't worry, those two will be facing the winners next round :)

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wendy and College would be my championship anyways so it didn't bother me haha

20. oneeightytwo

Regular

Mutt

The Party Song

Aliens Exist

Dumpweed

Dysentery Gary

Don't Leave Me

21. TheJMan

Trusted

Just add The Country song to Dude Ranch, since Dude Ranch only has 15 songs and Dog Lapping was a bonus track on the tape version of DR and it's basically The Country Song under the different name. I wouldn't bother with the other joke song from the live album since it will never win and probably wouldn't get any of the votes anyway.

22. chavril

Mutt
    Party Song
    Aliens Exist
    Dumpweed
    Dysentery Gary
    All the Small Things

23. pbueddi

Trusted

man overboard
    family reunion
    anthem
    what's my age again?
    adams song
    all the small things

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Man Overboard. Mutt is catchy and sonically a little different from most of Enema but thankfully the entire world has outgrown using the concept of being gay to undermine people we don't like. If only more people could move on from using a woman's sexual agency to demean her. Man Overboard is great, fantastic bass and guitar riffs working together, perfect vocal back and forth, it's dope.
    Family Reunion. Both songs are sophomoric and immature. I'll vote for the one that doesn't paint a woman's sexuality as try-hard and assumed to be purely for the male protagonist. Much as I relate to stewing at a shitty party, the song is gross garbage to take it all out on some nameless girl. Plus Family Reunion is fun live, though it'd be even better if it were the only joke song they played live. I don't need to hear Happy Holidays, You Bastard or fucking Brohemian Rhapsody live.
    Anthem. I really love both. Anthem is a slight preference.
    Dumpweed. Brutal matchup, I love both songs. Dumpweed just rips, though. It's perfect pop punk. Yes, the lyrics are indisputably sexist and disgusting. But the song is a lot better than the Party Song in every other respect.
    Adams Song. Mark was writing like this when he was 26, which makes his recent output as a 45 year old even more embarrassing.
    All The Small Things. I know it gets hate from some people. I don't care. I love it. The production is perfect. The final chorus is beautifully layered pop. On such an immature album where so much of the lyrical fodder is "girls suck, guys suck, everything sucks", often sounding bitter and spiteful about all that, it's refreshing how earnestly sweet this song is in context of the album.

25. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Man Overboard
    Family Reunion
    Aliens Exist
    What's My Age Again?
    Adams Song

Don't Leave Me

Some are bold bc i copied it from somewhere. These are my winners.

Also can't we give this new thread some funny name like in Ap times?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.