Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1593

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Okay, so I don't feel too bad for dunking on the dude for being silent on that and posting about music when he has nazi friends and nazi imagery on his social media

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Fair enough. You don’t need to feel bad or not. I’m just suggesting we keep the posts factual.

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I doubt Matt supports Trump or anything like that but he’s clearly a dumb shithead who has a weird Nazi fixation and when confronted about that or his pro-cop shirt or the alleged abuses or Nazi fixations of his friends he was a complete ass about it every time so if someone like that is in a band, it’s fair game to remind people of it, even if it’s unpleasant. Matt’s shitty, vague, and ill-defined views are worse.

The Comfort and OhTheWater like this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Looking back, most of your posts on the matter are attempting to play devil's advocate about the situation, so I am happy to not engage.

5. AshlandATeam

Trusted

A 60 second scroll on Skiba’s IG shows that he has posts making fun of Trump and the Proud Boys, and talking about his days in the ‘80s Chicago punk scene fighting Nazi punks. He also has repeated and continuous references to supporting law enforcement and veterans.

There is absolutely zero that suggests he was either part of what happened last week at the Capitol, or that he needs to post something in the aftermath distancing himself from it. Or that he shouldn’t post about music because that stuff is going on.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Do you really think I think he was there?

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I mean, Skiba was part of the Mob that tried storming the GC News Studio calling for Coleman Reese’s head.

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The Dark Knight reference for the win!!!!!

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Mcrx, Richter915, cbronder1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Madmod

Lurking

11. I love how SCR is a company you either love or hate. I've never had any issues with them at all, haha.

12. Madmod

Lurking

I have had one 'successful' order with them. That one was 4 months late. The rest of my 3 orders resulted in charge backs because their customer service would not respond, yet all the sudden after the charge back is initiated, they somehow reach out.

They will also market a release date for presses that are no where near their actual ship dates. I can not explain how much I dislike SRC.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Back to the discussion about the Nine rollout.. when comparing that to the rollout of California, I’m wondering how much of a roll the labels had in it. California was on BMG and Nine on Columbia. California went to number one, they had huge tours with extensive production, even did a Vegas residency. Nine never got a true album release tour (pandemic considered of course) and we can all agree the rollout was just not what you’d expect. Idk, to me it seems like they did much better with BMG and had more focus on them from the label folks whereas with Columbia they sort of got lost in the fold.

I just enjoy learning about how labels and management operate so thought I’d share my lonesome thoughts.

Somewhat related, I wonder if they signed with BMG while Tom was in the band and that’s why AVA signed with Rise (a BMG subsidiary).

Cheers!

David Parke likes this.
  14. TheJMan Jan 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2021)
    TheJMan

Trusted

I agree the NINE roll out was poor especially compared to California. I think not having a stronger lead single hurt. Bored To Death was universally loved while Blame It On My Youth was very mixed (to the point where Mark isn’t even sure they will play it live again because of the non reaction from the fans when they played it). I think the band was expecting BIOMY was going to be a much bigger radio hit than it was.

I also think not having the album out in time for their summer tour hurt too. I have to believe the band planned to have it out by June when the tour started and they kept pushing the release out because they were still working on it.

Even when the album was released it wasn’t really promoted compared the California. It was kind of forgotten about a few weeks later.

Mcrx and .K. like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I feel that’s kinda been the M.O. for a lot of music releases in recent years. Hype and build up followed by 2-3 weeks excitement and success then moving on. At least that’s how it is with me, aside from a handful of albums I consistently listen to. It’s not that these albums are bad, but I’ve totally noticed that most albums just don’t stand the test of time like they used to for me.

It’s kinda sad thinking about it now.

16. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Untitled
    TOYPAJ
    Nine
    Enema
    CA
    Dude Ranch
    Neighborhoods
    Buddah
    Cheshire

love these albums all though. I have some free time with my spouse recovering from surgery. DISCOG RUN TIME!

TheJMan and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

I refuse to use SRC ever again after they took 6 months to send me records and only mailed them when I filed claims with my bank

Madmod likes this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I love BIOMY. So catchy.

19. BTDandFeelingThis

It is. blink-182 life for life FUCK THE HATERS

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

BIOMY is blink-182's attempt at a Bleachers song and I love it.

21. BenSmith94

Trusted

If Jack Antonoff suddenly regressed as a songwriter maybe.

BIOMY is like Sober for me. It's fine, it's inoffensive, nothing about it really excited me and the chorus feels so l;azy to me that it robs it of any interest.

chewbacca110 and HelloThisIsDog like this.
  22. btr

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

She better not break up blink-182.

Then again...I'm always down for new +44 or BCR lol.

DyingGaslight likes this.
  24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just no reality show please

ChampsMusic likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wow, what a strange pairing, haha. Can only hope it works out for them though. I guess they can live like Jack and Sally if they want

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.