Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1591

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s called “Dance With Me” if I’m not mistaken.

It’s about sex.

Mcrx, Zilla and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. You’re thinking of “Mandy” the Barry Manilow cover they’d play live

3. Haha I ALSO hung out with David for a long time after the LA show. Our show had h20, TBS, the used, and BCR. Best lineup I’ve ever seen.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like “new” BCR would probably just sound like that weird non-blink solo thing Tom released. A few decent, unfinished ideas but overall just more of the same stuff he’s done since starting AvA.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Oh yeah def. Circle Jerk Pit may as well have been called My Second Punk Song

Richter915 likes this.
  6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Golden showers in the golden state is a jam

ZooZooChaCha, Mcrx, btr and 1 other person like this.
  7. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Went back and listened to the BCR album for the first time in... four years? I really wish My First Punk Song didn't make it to the album lol

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Oh it's terrible and doesn't fit at all

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ya, I always thought Instrumental should’ve replaced My First Punk Song in the track listing and MFPS should’ve been one of those hidden tracks at the end of the album where you sit in silence for like 3 minutes haha.

Instrumental is awesome. An old band I was in used to warm up with that song lol.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Listening to it for the first time now, tbh. I've heard I Feel So and There Is of course, but diving in!

Mcrx, David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. Gasp

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Not gonna lie to you, it was a pretty bold choice for them to sequence the Bad Religion song...

...directly next to the Alkaline Trio song.

(Enjoying the album though)

David87, .K. and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. I never heard that BCR hated touring. Why is that? Just not worth the time / ROI?

14. I never heard of them hating touring either. But maybe it was because the drama was so high between them and Mark at that point that it made it not fun. Also, Tom was probably at the peak of his back pain too, which could have been a factor. Who knows.

Mcrx likes this.
  15. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Seems like David's always been chill. We hung out outside in Dallas in feb 08 for about 45 min before he asked me and my lady if we wanted to get on the bus where it was warmer. Pirates of the Caribbean and vodka RedBulls with AVA and a WASTED Chris Georggin. Still probably the coolest night of my life (aside from wedding and kids being born of course)

Mcrx, DyingGaslight, moore182 and 5 others like this.
  16. haha absolutely. he was outside with his wife at the time and did his best to get tom to come off the bus to hang but it didn't work. tom did give him a hurley shirt to give me so I gues that was cool? I got one of tom's hurley shirts? haha

Mcrx, DyingGaslight, moore182 and 5 others like this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21 Dec 31, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 31, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

David is rad! He's almost always at his coffee shop and loves taking time to talk AVA/BCR, Coffee, and Motorcycles with customers and fans.

My mom loves his coffee/drinks, so I took her there to grab a Chai Tea Latte and David was there interviewing someone for a job. I told my mom he was the owner and is the guitar player of AVA (who she has seen live twice haha) and was in BCR. She pulled a total mom move, interrupted his interview by introducing herself and complimenting him on his coffee, then mentioned how she was at "Angels and Airwave's first show in Chicago in 2006".

I was totally embarrassed, but he was cool about it all and was super appreciative of my mom's compliments.

18. MRose24

Regular

Mcrx and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. cbronder1

Regular

Stoked for new blink music this year!

Mcrx, David Parke and .K. like this.
  20. MRose24

Regular

Haven’t heard much about this, and not really a fan of escape the fate, but Travis plays drums on this track.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  21. eww

Carrow and Jason Tate like this.
  22. Mcrx

Regular

suuuper late to this, but Tom is God's masterpiece :P

zzz zen likes this.
  23. Mcrx

Regular

ohhh, i was just reading about all this not long back, but now that you ask, i am not sure i remember the outcome. i will look though, because yes, i took down notes. lol

i hear "Tom, leave when I wanna" so, it doesn't exACTly make sense, but who knows!

who's Talib?? also that'd be a suuuper interesting story for that's one of my fave AVA songs lol

"the dead of last winter" like the +44 song?? lol Man, you guys!! I always got this sense that David was super cool! I'd love to meet him almost as much or maybe even more on some days as Tom :D I also wanna try his coffee. Just keep that monkey poop shit away from me lol

I am sooo bummed since i heard BCR and TheUsed toured together. idek why, but i never imagined BCR would tour. and sadly, i didn't know of TheUsed until like 2003. At least i saw TheUsed tho shortly after. Self Titled-hell yea!

24. Talib Kweli.

Mcrx likes this.
  25. razorburn

Trusted

bradsonemanband likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.