Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1588

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. And don’t forget to mention all the tours they’ve done in the last five years on top of everything else on that list, as well.

Adding Matt probably wasn’t the decision that’s made Blink so active. Carrying on without Tom is what did it.

hongfong00, .K., tyler2tall and 3 others like this.
  2. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

It still bugs me so much seeing a lot of the reunion years shows and how out of it tom was. It's not even like he didn't care about the shows but almost like he was sabotaging the band, mocking blinks sound.

And it's not really a hot take but Tom is making some really decent music still. Why drag blink through the mud like that.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've never seen this.

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s both. Getting rid of Tom had to happen first because of his lack of commitment/interest (from my perspective) in the band, but injecting a guy who likes to be busy with music projects like Matt and isn’t always dependent helps.

I guess in a more removed way as well, saying the same about working with Feldman could be said, because he also seems like he likes to be busy, but isn’t dependent because he has Goldfinger and his other producing projects.

Richter915 and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. TheJMan

Trusted

That bootleg show with a random MTTS concert on VHS was my first ever eBay purchase back in 2001.

yocoxy, Richter915 and David Parke like this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Mcrx, popdisaster00, Zilla and 6 others like this.
  7. oneeightytwo

Regular

Watching the Summer Sonic 03 show, and that was the peak of blink. The way they played the songs was something else.

Mcrx likes this.
  8. broken22

(:

Mcrx, cbronder1, David Parke and 2 others like this.
  9. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah it looks like this EP is becoming an album huh

.K. likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ooh Cameron Webb, nice

smowashere and Allpwrtoslaves like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Guessing its collaborated production then as a result of safety measures, and the fact Matt doesn’t have a home studio.

I see new Blink music being made and that’s a good thing. It’d be nice if it was an album.

Mcrx and cbronder1 like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s wild to me that the NINE era basically seems to be brushed under the rug.

-Weird AF rollout/dates pushed back bc stuff wasn’t done.
    -Lead single that got hardcore backlashed. (I still love BIOMY)
    -Controversial tour with Lil Wayne that turned into an Enema Of The State Anniversary tour.
    -Album finally dropped and people seemed to love it. Like a lot.
    -Only 3 NINE songs made the live setlist upon release.
    -Covid hits everyone hard.
    -They drop a Quarantine song.
    -Rumors of Matt being out of the band go around.
    -Travis gets a number 1 album with MGK.
    -They’re working on new material intended to be an EP, but now could be a full length album.

At least they’re not Weezer and delay a complete full album for more than a year haha.

TheJMan likes this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also bizarre that the two lead singles, BIOMY and IRWIHY, didn't get music videos....but two songs that they said were NOT singles, Generational Divide and Darkside, did.

Mcrx likes this.
  14. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

If they had a stadium rock tour planned with a 80s rock album on the horizon, they would have also delayed a year.

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Nine is so good.

I fell like the promotion of the album suffered from all the distractions that you mentioned. The rolled it out early, still did a few videos (that Happy Days one was so fitting), but didn’t seem to over-promote it with touring because they did more best of shows and had so many other projects going on.

The 3 guys in the band are all really busy with multiple projects, so I could see a new album or ep just getting released with less promotion again. Blink is like a foundation or home base for Mark and Travis. Similar to skiba with trio.

Mcrx and Richter915 like this.
  16. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i may have said this before but it blows my mind that the same band that wrote all the small things also wrote untitled. my brain just won't let me process it.

17. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

jesus christ how have i never noticed this.

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

All the Small Things is on the same record as Adam’s Song.

does thinking the band that wrote Adam’s Song made Untitled sound better. Does that lesson the gap? I think they just needed to build the courage and the capital to make a more a more serious record. Considering Tom and Travis already did a year before with Boxcar I think they were ready and fans already had a buffer.

Mcrx and Richter915 like this.
  19. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

commit this to memory is a masterpiece.

20. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

adam's song is better than anything on untitled but the reason i think it's so weird to go from ATSM to untitled is because i consider untitled to be almost a post-hardcore record. in the same way that some people consider tell all your friends to be.

Mcrx and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  22. oneeightytwo

Regular

Anyone see the post from blink-182 Italia where it has the footage from the last Dublin show before they broke up.

Interesting to hear Mark say ‘Tom, you can leave when you wanna’ in the chorus.

23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

24. oneeightytwo

Regular

That’s the one.
    He definitely says ‘Tom...’ there.

Richter915 likes this.
  25. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

A few years back Travis was suing a medical center for allegedly giving him an infection. I thought the case settled not long after but I'm not finding any information on it anymore. Anyone know the outcome? Or a link to the outcome?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.