Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1584

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I like it

Mcrx and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I like it too

Mcrx and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s just not good as I Won’t Be Home For Christmas. That’s really it. It’s fine.

hongfong00 and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I literally totally forgot that both that song and Quarantine existed

I actually really liked the latter too

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Quarantine feels like Blink’s version of a fast semi social conscious political NOFX song

chewbacca110 and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. razorburn

Trusted

7. The dude should have just released them on some anonymous file sharing site and left it at that. But now he’s kinda shot himself in the foot because if they get posted online, they know who to look for. Haha.

PS: I’m fucking dying to hear the unreleased songs that are apparently on this demo tape.

8. I hate the sub so so much

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d rather here some of the stuff they had done with Matt that didn’t make its way out or some Unreleased EOTS or TOYPAJ stuff if it’s any good.

David Parke likes this.
  10. As far as I know, I think “life’s so boring” is the only song from the Enema sessions that never got an official release.

I’d definitely love to hear any TOYPAJ demos. I don’t think any have ever come out.

11. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah no demos for TOYPAJ have ever leaked. The ones on Youtube that say they are demos are just poor quality versions of the studio songs or live versions.

I just don’t understand why that guy just doesn’t release the demos and not make such a public post about it and bringing such attention to it.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I do t really care to hear any demos that aren’t songs new to us or really different sounding. I’m sure there’s a some in the vault.

13. That’s the good news about the dude ranch demos. There’s supposedly two songs we’ve never heard on the tape.

Mcrx and .K. like this.
  14. TheJMan

Trusted

I kind of remember that they might have written a joke song called “Hey Shake Your Anus” during the Enema sessions. I think it was mentioned in the book Mark’s sister wrote. Obviously it was never released or leaked. Probably for the best haha.

Mcrx, .K. and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I’m kind of surprised Blink hasn’t ever done the “20th anniversary editions” of any of their albums with unreleased tracks and demos. Only thing I can think of at this point is it would get messy with Tom & the business side of things and just isn’t worth the headache.

Mcrx and .K. like this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That song title and the word leaked feel wrong in the same paragraph.

Mcrx and TheJMan like this.
  17. TheJMan

Trusted

This is way out of my knowledge base but didn’t Tom sell the rights to all of his songs? Would he even have a legal right to say no if Mark/Travis decided to rerelease music?

Plus I can’t see why Tom would make things difficult on something like that when he had no problems letting them continue to use the blink brand without him.

It’s most likely Mark just doesn’t think fans would care enough for stuff like that.

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Demos are not singles so Mark thinks we hate them

19. Gimme the TOYPAJ demos

20. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, most likely the case. And I don’t think it would be Tom personally making things difficult, if anything it would be his people talking to current-Blink’s people. It is a business after all.

It would also be weird timing at this point with Tom not in the band - the reunion for Neighborhoods would have been the much more natural time to do it.

TheJMan likes this.
  21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I just don't think Mark is crazy about people hearing unfinished things. Don't think it's more complicated than that really

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

If I were a famous musician and had tons of demos/unfinished songs, I probably wouldn't want fans to hear them because I may want to use them later on without the sense that fans might hate what I've done with it haha. Orrrr the opposite where I release the demo version of a completed song and fans say the demo sounded better haha.

Like the demo for Heaven, which didn't even have vocals, and people were praising the demo more than the actual completed song haha.

I'm guilty of it too. There have been many times I heard a band's demos and thought "Damn, that was better how it originally was" or "That was not how I imagined that song to turn out".

Mcrx likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Mcrx, Richter915, JaytotheGee and 5 others like this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think I actually knew that lol

Mcrx likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

God just imagine if the masterpiece we know as the Untitled album was instead named that hahaha.
    I'm guessing it was an option for TOYPAJ though

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.