Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1583

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Wow... it was 17 years ago today when I had the worst wisdom tooth extraction experience ever. It's also the day my mom went and bought this CD for me. I laid on her couch with gauze and shit in my mouth, popped the CD into my disc-man (which I still own and use occasionally), and as soon as I heard the chorus of "I Miss You" I knew that this album was a game changer. I remember that moment very clearly. I remember thinking "Holy shit, how can I steal this melody and put it in one of my songs?!" haha.

2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I remember Tom said in an interview, turn all the lights down, smoke a J, light some candles and put the record on. I did exactly that and will always remember the first time I heard the record because of that.

Mcrx likes this.
  3. Noradrenaline

Regular

I remember having to wait a month to listen to it until I got it as a christmas present. Different times! My only friend who listened to blink back then didn't like it but for me it became one of my favorite albums ever.

Mcrx and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’d heard Feeling This in Madden 04 but my parents wouldn’t let me get parental advisory CDs so I listened at a friend’s house. He just wanted to listen to Feeling This over and over but I was dying to hear what was on the rest of the album. It blew me away. Every single note and sound clicks perfectly for me. Jerry Finn, man.

moore182, Mcrx, JamesMichael and 5 others like this.
  5. MRose24

Regular

If you haven’t heard of KennyHoopla yet, I would definitely check his EP out. Hope he has some more stuff with travis coming out.

Mcrx and David Parke like this.
  6. Poppy just released a song called "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" and I was excited that it was going to be a Blink cover done in her new metal style... It was neither.

Mcrx, JamesMichael and David Parke like this.
  7. I love KennyHoopla! Very excited for this collaboration.

MRose24 likes this.
  8. abear182

Regular

This is awful in my opinion.

9. Weird song haha

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

She probably wasn’t even alive when old blink 182 was around. That ugh

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Tombots gonna be rallying in those comments

12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The untitled album literally changed everything for me.

13. Mcrx

Regular

I had to wait a couple years, lol, but that was mostly due to my stubbornness (from assuming they broke up when BCR came out with I Feel So) and also just being away busy at college. My friend kept trying to get me to listen. I liked Feeling This...basically the singles (except missed Always), but then FINALLY I got a copy. I really don't remember specifics dateswise, but I probably continued playing the hits only until like 2007! Lol But that's when I definitely heard the whole thing, and it really hit me (in a comforting way tho) because my then boyfriend/now husband was living out of town and I missed him, but had this to console me. So, like yeah! It was definitely a game changer! And still love it and play it!

I started to play this yesterday, and it seemed promising (this is the like pop punk one, right?). Guess I'll have to get back to this after hearing it in full. ;)

Noradrenaline likes this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

3EB0E0B5-4371-4167-A752-6D555B7E3171.jpeg

The Gibson turned out much better than the Fender.

15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I read the title and for some reason that it was going to be another one of those Travis + Mark features. Was expecting Mark to come in as a feature and then it hit the chorus. Ooof.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21 Nov 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Gosh, the Fender replica is still just so disappointing. I got a refund on mine before they shipped. The Gibson looks cool, but I’m more of a Fender-Tom guy. I can see more replicas in the future. They seem to sell well.

David Parke and Daniel182 like this.
  17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Lmao I was that friend

Didn't like the album, to me it signalled beginning of the end for blink so even though the sound was fine, the feel wasn't authentic. My intro to blink was dude ranch and my musical taste didn't age as I did...I just like what I like. So enema and toypaj were awesome follow-ups. Tracks like down and I miss you were so far from what I "expected" of blink. Gave them great commercial and scene success though so I'm probably the issue here.

I probably listened to untitled front to back like ten years after the release. It's a fine album, just wasn't my thing.

.K. likes this.
  18. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Why do these miniature guitars look so bad.. every single one

19. MRose24

Regular

20. 333 GANG

ACAB

I really like that song

Mcrx likes this.
  21. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Saw that that new.wav cover band did a Enema-era take on Carousel a few months back. Sounds pretty good:

Mcrx, Richter915 and David Parke like this.
  22. damn i love new.wav

Richter915 likes this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just watched all KennyHoopla's stuff on YouTube, it's all so good

MRose24 and David Parke like this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think I'm the only one who likes Not Another Christmas Song and that is fine with me.

25. Forgot it even exists.

Onlyadirector likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.