Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1520

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy that Nine has been out for 10 months basically.

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Enema of the State
    Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
    Dude Ranch
    Untitled
    Nine
    California
    Cheshire Cat
    Neighborhoods

3. [​IMG]

4. I'm not done gushing about Nine yet. I can't believe it's been out over 3/4 of a year already. But on the other hand, it also seems sooo much longer ago than that since time is all sorts of fucked up these days. But man, Nine is definitely the band's best stuff since the Untitled album. Matt is especially great on it. I really hope they utilize him just as much (if not more) on their next album. ASSUMING HE'S STILL IN THE BAND OF COURSE RIGHT GUYS?!?! haha.

But honestly. Nine is such a slappin bop.

5. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Matt. Skiba. Is. Out. Matt. Bemis. Is. In.

:crylaugh:

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
    cbronder1 likes this.
  7. D_Ream84

Regular

is it just me or does any song Mark is featured on, his parts always sound the same?

ChampsMusic likes this.
  8. TheJMan

Trusted

I think it’s silly to speculate on what’s going on with the band especially at this time.

Matt basically put his own band on hold for the last 5 years to be a part of blink. If he wasn’t happy with his place in blink I’m sure he could/would just simply walk away and have Trio be active full time again.

Arthur Dantas and .K. like this.
  9. soggytime

Trusted

This quarantine does have me believing Tom would be willing to make music with them again - only because they wouldn't physically be together and they could all record parts separately like they did for Neighborhoods lol

cbronder1 likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

You realize he still hasn't even finished the album for the band that he actually cares about putting effort into right

MRose24 likes this.
  11. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

I find it kind of ironic that this is the path forward for Mark and Travis right now, recording separately etc, since they bitched about it so much in the press when talking about Neighbourhoods.

Makes you wonder if Neighbourhoods came out during the pandemic would people be as mixed on it? Interested to see the reception to any songs they release soon.

12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Blink 182 fans being hypocritical??

upload_2020-7-10_9-44-0.png

13. TheJMan Jul 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2020)
    TheJMan

Trusted

I think it depends on the quality of the songs. Most fans seem to really like the songs from Neighborhoods they worked on together. I think the main thing that hurt Neighborhoods was there wasn’t another voice (producer) telling them this doesn’t work or why don’t you try this instead.

14. Donnie Ruth Jul 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2020)
    Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I would definitely have to say there is quite a difference between the recording of Neighborhoods in separate rooms and the current situation happening during a pandemic forcing everyone to remain distanced.

TheJMan likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, and also, most people work on preliminary ideas separately and then bring them to the table later on. That's probably what they are doing now - compiling demos for when they can actually meet up and collaborate again. That's pretty normal.

With Neighborhoods, they worked on the actual record independently then met up once or twice to knock out a few additional songs.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I do miss Tom in the band and him in this bands music (that San Diego Wolfpack mash up made me really miss him lol), but we’ve seen what it looks/sounds like with him and the potential that is there, but never reaches expectations...

As much of a Tom fan I am...I still don’t want him in the band unless he’s cool working with a big time producer. He’s just so far down the DIY rabbit hole I just don’t see it happening again.

This conversation never gets old for me lol.

johnthegawd likes this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yep, I don’t think anything here is much more than just demos and early ideas to eventually be brought to the table whenever things open up again and they feel ready to record again.

18. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

It's surprising Skiba doesn't have a home studio but I think it's more common than you would expect.

19. slimfenix182

Yeah this serious pandemic sure makes that ironic.

Lol they currently HAVE to work apart and as we've seen neither of them like to stop working on music. What a nonsensical post.

20. Probably my favorite early Blink video on YouTube.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That is THE show I always wished I was at. Been watching videos from that show for years haha. It's always been that show and their Live at Daytona Beach 2000 show.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

I should look up their setlist from the show I went to in May 2000. I imagine it's all songs that are on the live album

23. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I live in Daytona and I tried to go to that show at age 12. My buddy didn’t like blink so we rode bikes instead.

24. As long as you jumped off the curb once or twice, it was probably worth it

David Parke likes this.
  25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Probably ate pavement trying to. Haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.