Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1475

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Let’s not forget the only reason AVA is back is because $$$

Samuel Calmon likes this.
  2. Kuri44

And the only reason blink is still around is because $$$.. that doesn’t matter, it doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t love doing it (though one could argue that they hate playing anything other than the same 20 song setlist for over a decade now)

Plus AVA live has sounded better than ever, so more power to them

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Although making money is probably a big factor I don’t think it would be the only factor.

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s been a long, long time since Tom wrote a great song, and his last record with the band was largely garbage.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really like both of the new AVA songs actually

6. Tom's stuff might be more creative, but I like Nine more than anything Blink or Tom has put out since the Dogs Eating Dogs EP probably. "Creative" doesn't equal "good" or "enjoyable."

hongfong00, AFoolsGlory and .K. like this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t start listening to Blink for their creativity.

Also, my favourite Tom work was in Blink and Boxcar Racer.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Current Tom on his own is largely bloated. Current Mark on his own is largely undercooked. The magic was when the two of them pushed each other.

Zilla, DyingGaslight and drummerAVA like this.
  9. D_Ream84

Regular

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

not me, but whoever is behind that YouTube page probably does.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

:sly:

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I liked +44. There are also so many songs from Nine and Californian that I love that just can’t relate to people complaints about current Blink music. When I hear songs like Home Is Such A Lonely place, I think that’s a such a perfect creative/mature version of Blink in this era.

13. Fixed your post.

I think you're talking about California... ha. But really, I think Nine isn't near as bland, boring, and ultimately not very fun to listen to as Neighborhoods and California. I think Nine is their most inspired and enjoyable music since DED and Untitled, personally.

.K. likes this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Well lots of people like Nine, a lot, which just proves people can have different opinions.

15. Dog Fish

Mutt

@Jason Tate Am I mistaken at thinking that you confirmed that TMTATS re-recorded vocals/bass/guitar in the studio (keeping only the live drum tracks)? If so, banter too?

16. I thought California was bland as hell, aside from a small handful of songs. Deluxe wasn't any better, although it felt like they were heading in the right direction after California. Out of 30-ish songs they released between both of those, I only go back and listen to 5 songs. Whereas with Nine, I think the only song I tend to skip if any is "Happy Days" which sounds like a song that probably would have fit better on California.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When you write things like facts, you will probably get people responding to you like you’ve stated a fact.

To say “I”, implies that it your opinion.

They generate different responses.

18. The banter is more or less live. They recorded 2 shows for that live album. 1 of the shows is available in full, but the other one is not. So there's no real way of being able to tell how much of the banter is live or not. You can hear some familiar stuff in the bootleg though.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. haha i'm not meaning to come off as aggressive. but yeah, "happy days" is my least favorite song on the album, no doubt.

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The best part about blink thread arguments is that no matter how long they go on for, neither party changes their mind at the end haha

21. because we all think we are the one who's right, duh. :-)

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Blink is a creatively bankrupt well that’s gone sour

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  23. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Oh shit I forgot to add “in my opinion”

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t even find most of the musical complaints genuine anymore.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Thought this was kinda funny. Me and my wife booked an AirBnB in Idyllwild, CA and I wanted to check out instagram tags of the mountains there. Look who's in the tag profile pic lol.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 7.08.29 PM.png

cbronder1, RyanPm40 and Kuri44 like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.