Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1474

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. RyanPm40 Feb 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol the camera man kind of hated Tom, huh? Even Scott got more airtime

2. Soundandfury182

Regular

Why are you always so rude to people dude? There are clearly a lot of kids on here just trying to present and share their opinions on music, and much of what you say is extremely condescending. I wish there were more alternatives to this site available online. You're just not a nice person and it bums me out I'm still here.

3. Soundandfury182

Regular

It's not. Tate thinks he understands argumentation, but he doesn't.

Source: am a Professor of Rhetoric & Argumentation

j0nnymarrzbar and SaveTheEarth like this.
  4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeahhhhh I had to block him. I love the site and forums which is why I’m a supporter, but I like them so much better now that I don’t see him telling others how wrong they are and how right he is.

yocoxy likes this.
  5. Well, I don't think saying I'm not going to keep arguing against something that keeps changing is being rude. It's simply a fact. Where the conversation started and what it was about morphed into something different.

Why are you always so rude to people dude? You're just not a nice person and it bums me out.

(Oh, and my name's Jason.)

6. How was I wrong? Feldman didn't produce all the songs! That's just true!

7. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

for the record im not too wound up about it, it didnt ruin my day or anything. i know if i come into a bands thread and criticize said band it will probably ruffle some feathers ha. were all passionate about music here so its par for the course. if someone likes blinks new material theyre not going to get my point anyway.

8. Kuri44

Hot take (not to me though): The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show is the best live album ever

MRose24 likes this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Its up there with John Mayer’s - Where The Light Is & BB King’s - Love From Cook County Jail for me.

The live album idea is something I wish more bands would do. Especially between albums/touring and with the popularity of vinyl.

Also, Jack White’s recent live album on vinyl is AMAZING. So happy I got that vault package from Third Man. I need to listen to that more.

10. Kuri44

My fist live Album which was also the first Album I owned from the band was MXPX Live At The Show lol. So many good memories associated with that album

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Live at the Bayside Social Club is probably my favorite live record.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

ive actually never heard that live one before. The BB King live album was the first vinyl I ever owned, thanks to my mom lol.

As far as this genre goes, NFG - Kill It Live is one I listen to a lot too. I also still enjoy my bootleg of blink live at the tweeter center on the pop disaster tour since I was at that show.

Kuri44 likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I forgot about that one. I used to love their first live acoustic album. I’m actually in the dvd version a few times.

14. I usually hate live records.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I probably listen to more live performances than studio recordings if I'm playing anything on YouTube tbh

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve really enjoyed Nine. I was nervous seeing how many people were involved, but it came together nicely. I also like most of California (but could have done without the joke songs).

I don’t know what I’ll think of a EP of collaborations though, and who knows if that’s still a thing or if it’s shelved. I’ll give it a fair shot though.

17. drummerAVA

Trusted

Wanted to give a friend of mine a shout... he just launched an “all things 182 news” podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and YouTube... meaning anything side-project related gets covered as well. He’s a big-time Blink connoisseur, has been on a lot of the community sites/forums, and has a couple notable interviews lined up for future episodes, so keep an eye out.

All-round solid commentary on everything Blink...

18. yocoxy

Think this most of he time I see him post, always so hostile

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I have been feeling pretty similar to this lately, and it sucks after being a massive fan for about 18 years.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  20. Should read more of my posts. They’re all great.

Brandon Briganti likes this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yikes.

22. Then ... go listen to Angels and Airwaves? :shrug: This seems like an easy solution.

MRose24, Greg, pbueddi and 1 other person like this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've always preferred Tom doing AVA after Neighborhoods came out. Him and the rest of the blink camp are just on different creative wavelengths and it just doesn't make sense to be together right now, IMO.

I really like the two new AVA songs a lot and they've become more my cup of tea stylistically with the way my musical taste has broadened. I'm looking forward to more.

This conversation never gets old to me lol.

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If Mark, Travis and Tom wanted to work together they very much could.

Mark, Travis and Matt do, so they will.

You have Blink, AvA, and Trio. Just listen to what you like, and if you don’t like something you may need to just move on or listen to the old stuff. There’s even Simple Creatures now if you need something with a fresh start.

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

“Creative” is obviously subjective, but not sure “creative” is the way id describe any of Tom’s music in the past decade.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.