Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1473

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kuri44 Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020)
    Kuri44

According to Tom, they weren’t gonna allow him to talk about AVA or TTS related projects during the initial blink reunion.. but personally,
    I would’ve taken Tom wearing the LOVE shirt/promotion of AVA over the version of blink working with XXXTENTACION and other problematic members/artists , but that’s just me :shrug:

2. pbueddi

Trusted

Is "I Really Wish I Hated You" doing that well that they haven't pushed another single yet?

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

HITS Daily Double

Still at 13. Little surprised how steady it is

MRose24, bradsonemanband and pbueddi like this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, if I quit a band in the same shitty way I wouldn’t want to tell the world either.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Thanks for proving you understood nothing. Your worldview is problematic. Shut up, learn, and grow up.

6. Vs.

Regular

Again, I don’t believe he quit the band the same way. But whatever.

7. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I will always love Scott for inspiring one of blinks best songs.

8. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

This is the best thing tom has done since leaving

9. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

nah tbh any songs from those 2 records that were decent were ruined by john feldmans production

10. And yet, even if you believe that nonsense, he didn’t produce all the songs.

Madmod likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

There’s nothing wrong with the production on Nine.

12. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

okay fair point i guess i didnt care enough to know he didnt produce all of nine but i still stand by my point that it sounds overproduced to shit.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  13. Well, it isn't, but that aside, this all started with saying the AVA songs were "better," and if your argument is now "overproduction" being the reason ... using the biggest production-aided artist (on purpose, mind you) as the comparison point isn't strong.

Greg likes this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t mind bands like Blink/NFG having a cleaner, ‘more produced’ production sound.

I listen to plenty of bands and artists that have a a more rugged style of production/sound/vocals.

Yeah, quite happy with how Nine turned out.

15. Nine is still their best album since Untitled, in my opinion. The production on it doesn't bother me at all.

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t get how good production is ever considered a knock. Going back to something like Cheshire Cat is completely unlistenable.

DefeatTheLow and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

except i dont have a problem w polished sounding music at all. its simple really, blink always has played guitar driven music, SOME of the best of it more raw sounding. yea the production really cleaned up after their first couple records but these news ones... the polished effects are so focal in comparison to what they've done before that it just sounds bland and uninspired.

toms not the best singer either, but imo the center of avas sound is the interesting instrumentation and more creative but still tasteful use of effects so the more modern u2-esque thing they were going for worked. not something id want to listen to all the time but its pretty clear to me that its good for what it is.

what it really comes down to is most punkish bands and a lot of rock bands in general arent that good at singing and have to make up for it w their songwriting. blink is a classic example of that and theyve changed their formula too much from what worked for them. i dont think mark or matt have the vocal chops to make good pop music whether or not it has distorted guitars in the background. would any of u want to listen to a pop record by billy corgan or tim armstrong? me neither haha

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  18. I've got no time for this every changing goal post of an argument.

Clearly their pop music works. Cause they're one of the most successful pop bands of the last two decades.

19. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

i honestly dont see how having different reasons for liking or disliking music from different genres is changing the goalposts but im always willing to agree to disagree!

20. MRose24

Regular

Peggy Sue from the MTTS is so good.

moore182, bradsonemanband and Kuri44 like this.
  21. Indigo

Trusted

Overproduced is a term I'll probably never understand. The band wanted what they wanted and they worked with the producer who could make it happen for them. EOTS, TOYPAJ, and Untitled are all insanely crisp and clean production. Maybe people just don't like the creative choices used for guitar tones or vocals?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t seen these. Apple Shampoo should be up soon, I believe.

23. These are awesome!

MRose24 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  24. Wow, the video cuts on Enthused are going to give me a seizure lol

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Here we go.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.