Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1472

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think I liked neighborhoods more than most but it was a new album from my favorite band and I was 15

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fair.

I think I was 24 if I am thinking of the right year. It was a big no go immediately for me.

3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

100% agreed. I don’t know how it happened, but it went from one of my most-visited threads to one I only check every 4-5 days.

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  4. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I miss the good ole days. Make our Blink thread safe again! That’s good. We should put that on a hat. Preferably a color that really stands out. Any ideas?

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

cum colored, for dude ranch

Richter915 and oncenowagain like this.
  6. Greg

oncenowagain likes this.
  7. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. D_Ream84

Regular

Like i said you dont really know the ins and outs. Not angry either just responding to your comment, which is a “red flag” for being a shit head ;)

9. Greg

Unless you are calling Mark and Travis liars, we do know how he quit, both times.

Richter915 likes this.
  10. Vs.

Regular

I think the second time is a little more debatable.

11. Greg

Either Mark and Travis are lying or he quit the same way again.

Richter915 likes this.
  12. You mean Rick DeVoe quit. On behalf of Tommy.

Richter915 and MRose24 like this.
  13. broken22

(:

Self titled

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  14. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

i really dont get the animosity towards tom for leaving blink, even twice. i mean i dont know how anyone can look at what blink is now and not see it as a cash grab. and i dont blame anyone taking a chance to make a shitload of money, especially musicians. but even more cant fault a guy for not wanting to do that so he could instead spend time on shit he cared about more.

not even a big ava fan but ik its better than anything blink has done w/o tom. and the guy took so much shit for wanting to do that alien/ufo shit and being written off as a kook but its actually kind of interesting and has turned out to be more meaningful than anyone was really expecting. so yea im willing to give the benefit of the doubt that tom left blink for honest reasons. ppl work at the same job for 10 years and then decide to quit all the time, its not fair to assume their a shithead when u dont really even know them.

15. Greg

People don’t quit through managers at the same job. Twice.

Richter915 likes this.
  16. Longnights

Some functioning bands ONLY talk through managers unless they are on stage together. I don’t see how this is some evil act.

Kuri44, Ben Lee and chewbacca110 like this.
  17. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Wait...Matt isn't on their first 7 albums?

[IMG]

Richter915 and 333 GANG like this.
  18. Kuri44 Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020)
    Kuri44

Ohhhh!!! This kind of post officially makes you a fucking piece of shit according to the loudest users on this site

19. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Richter915 likes this.
  20. But it’s not ...

21. Vs.

Regular

I don't think it was exactly the same way. I know what Mark and Travis said, but I got the impression Tom basically forced his way out unintentionally. This is partly based on what I remember Tom posting on social media.

22. Kuri44

Mark at one time said he thought Neighborhoods was blinks best record, so I wouldn’t necessarily believe EVERYTHING he says.

let’s also not forget his bitter and obvious jealousy of Tom between 2001-2006.
    Not saying I don’t blame him, but I’m almost positive if Rick Devoe offered him to do a “solo” album In 2002 he would’ve done it in a heartbeat (this is pure speculation, but I don’t see him
    Turning it down, and admittedly, I would’ve been all about it..Still would tbh)

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Blink needs to bring back Scott Raynor already. It’s about damn time.

Richter915 and Daniel182 like this.
  24. D_Ream84

Regular

i think Mark exaggerated the story this time around, travis didn't really give a shit i think. Toms manager was sacked after the second time, i think Tom never had intentions on just leaving blink the second time, i think he just wanted more time to do his stuff and stick to the contracts he was under. His manager had more input with what was told to mark & travis, possibly behind Tom’s back. I remember a post he put up putting something like RIP Blink or something like that, before the news actually came out i believe. There is alot more to the story than we know for sure

25. Tom. Was. Out.

Carrow likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.