Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1470

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kuri44

I’ve been waiting to see blink get inducted in HOF for decades now, so if/when it happens, I’ll be super stoked. These guys definitely deserve it, for blink alone, but also for their work and influence they’ve had outside of blink: BCR, Transplants, +44, AVA, SC, Mark Hoppus’ production credits/features as well as Travis’ production credits/features, DJ AM/TRV$. It’s pretty unreal. I can’t think of any other band whose side projects, were as impactful/embraced/appreciated. Not to mention their clothing brands, and just overall influence they’ve had in the music world.

neighborhoods and .K. like this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

You’ve been waiting since the 90’s?

DefeatTheLow likes this.
  3. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Hey man, when I first heard Jimmy Eat World in 2001, the ONLY thing I’ve obsessed about since then is JEW getting in the mother fucking rock hall babay!

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. Kuri44

Lol no, not sure if i knew about R&R hof in the 90’s, but definitely since 2001.. so almost/still kind of decades

5. Greg

I think we should look at their legacy. And right now they (including Tom)have kind of tainted it, and I think it would be foolish to reward them at this stage of their career.

6. Kuri44

I feel like you’re contradicting yourself. Their legacy, if anything, is why they should be inducted. I’ll post my comment here again:

“I’ve been waiting to see blink get inducted in HOF for decades now, so if/when it happens, I’ll be super stoked. These guys definitely deserve it, for blink alone, but also for their work and influence they’ve had outside of blink: BCR, Transplants, +44, AVA, SC, Mark Hoppus’ production credits/features as well as Travis’ production credits/features, DJ AM/TRV$. It’s pretty unreal. I can’t think of any other band whose side projects, were as impactful/embraced/appreciated. Not to mention their clothing brands, and just overall influence they’ve had in the music world.”

Samuel Calmon likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I could see them making it in, but I don’t really know what merits making it in.

8. Greg

The present is part of their legacy.

can 2020 we be the year we stop supporting shitty people finally?

Carrow, Joe4th, ItsAndrew and 2 others like this.
  9. Trump will probably get another term. So probably not.

MRose24 and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think the rock hall of fame that celebrates a TON of sexual predators really cares

11. Greg

You’re right.

can 2020 be the year at least that the apathetic shit heads of the world have to publicly declare they don’t care about other people so we can disregard them and leave them to their circle jerk of garbage?

12. Greg

Totally valid. It’s full of monsters.

I know it’s foolish of me to hope we as a people are trying to be better.

13. Kuri44

I’m not sure if most people would consider “legacy” bands to include the present. Like I’m quite confident GD didn’t get inducted into the HOF in 2015 for their Trilogy albums. It had to do with their past albums and contributions.

and kinda weird that you mention Tom specifically when talking about how you believe he tainted their legacy, when he’s probably the least problematic of the group in this day and age

14. Greg

Putting out shitty albums is nowhere near the same as being shitty people. Holy fuck.

I mentioned it “included” him. Quitting the band twice the same way is a massive red flag for shit head central. I had to clarify as he is not in the band, yet people here say they would want him there if it happens. I’m not gonna compare who is the worst of them, but Tom is not just some nice dude who happened to leave the band.

Dirty Sanchez and GrantCloud like this.
  15. Kuri44

Your take has been a bit all of over the place, but ok. You obviously have (and will continue to have) an answer for everything, so you win. Also, my apologies for not realizing you know Tom on a Personal level

yocoxy likes this.
  16. Greg

Go blast “Fuck A Dog” and think about how terrible your logic here has been.

GrantCloud and Kuri44 like this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I’m all for Blink not getting in, but a member of the band quitting abruptly or fighting with other members making them a shitty person would disqualify a whole lot of artists.

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Tom is a pyramid scheme

19. Kuri44

I’ll pass, listening to Everything In Transit as I type, but I appreciate the recommendation good sir

yocoxy likes this.
  20. Greg

Yep.

21. Greg

Hahaha so damn true. Like I said, shit head central.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  22. Greg

Maybe take a hint that while my posts are getting “likes”, you’re not getting any. Tbf “likes” don’t really mean anything.

but maybe it would cause pause to read the room and consider your view is problematic. Just a thought.

23. Kuri44

Again, you’re contradicting yourself.

and if people wanna like that, it does absolutely no harm to me, nor do I think any less of them

24. Greg

Wtf?

25. MRose24

Regular

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.