Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1455

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Honestly that sounded terrible. I can't believe how damn fast they used to play.

Samuel Calmon likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah will never understand the fondness for how fast they would play those days lol

Arthur Dantas and Jason Tate like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I used to it up back in the day! I loved the energy and urgency behind it all.

broken22 likes this.
  4. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, those extended bridges in the 2004 live sets was peak blink

5. Blink182Bouncer Jan 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2020)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Also, as someone who's never gone to a show without a drummer on a click playing to backing tracks, something is just so cool about the chaos of those early blink recordings.

Like if they stopped playing there would be no show, they were just making music.

That's kind of lost now. Skiba can literally take his guitar away from a fan and no one would hear a difference between when he was playing and when he wasn't. Mark's voice is buried in the mix and it just feels like a mess that's hidden by the preprogrammed nature of it all.

Now I love a high production show as much as everyone, but it feels like blink use it as a crutch now days and it feels kinda... boring.

This is just from what I've seen from pro-shot shows on Youtube, I haven't seen them live since 2016, haha.

6. TheJMan

Trusted

Rock Show slowed down bridge was so good.

7. Gimme that for 90 minutes and I’ll never complain about a short blink show ever again.

tomdelonge, TheJMan and MRose24 like this.
  8. MRose24

Regular

Rock Show live from Japan is a go to for me.

9. TheJMan

Trusted

Bring back the 4 song medleys too.

David Parke and manoverboard365 like this.
  10. MRose24

Regular

I assume now that there will be some more east coasts dates popping up before they head to the UK next summer.

cbronder1 likes this.
  11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Possibly. They’re in Ohio 7/10-7/12, so they may be doing a full US run.

12. MRose24

Regular

Forgot about that...definitely some type of US run for sure

cbronder1 likes this.
  13. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Love this version so much.

cbronder1 likes this.

14. I was able to grab a bass pin from here for those wanting one.

TheJMan and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. MRose24

Regular

I’m....intrigued

16. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

If it’s anything like the single they released with Yungblood, I’m in.

chewbacca110, MRose24 and David Parke like this.
  17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Was bored at work today and decided to rank the album openers for each of Blinks releases:

Anthem Part II - at the time it felt like a cheesy teenage anthem, but resonates more now and feels very timely in today’s America (unfortunately)

Cynical - Will never forget the first time I listened to this one when California dropped. Was somewhere in WV on a road trip and I think I almost put my fist through the dash when this song explodes. Best Skiba moment we‘be had so far too.

Pathetic - one of my favorite Tom & Mark call and response songs.

Feeling This - kind of worn this one out over the years, but still one of the best middle-era Blink songs

The First Time - maybe because it’s still so fresh, this is one of my most revisited songs off 9.

Carousel (Cheshire Cat) - overall the best sounding version of this song

Dumpweed - 8th grade me would have this one near the top of my list, 32 year old me is no longer comfortable with “I need a girl that I can train”.

When I Was Young - The intro is a bit much, but once it actually rolls into the song it’s one of the better songs on this album.

Ghost on the Dancefloor: It’s okay, kind of a paint-by-the numbers Tom song, not good, not bad. Recycles a bit from “There Is” as well and that always distracts me.

Carousel (Buddha) - rarely revisit this version of this song. Though I will always love the clean open of the Buddha version more

18. Kuri44

I consider the live recording of Carousel on TMTATS to be the definitive version

19. drummerAVA

Trusted

Listened to Dude Ranch today after I got out of work... felt cool... lol

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Matt Skiba’s on his nazi bullshit again, check the Accountability thread for a discussion on that. Very hard to support the current iteration of this band at this point

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't support this band if they're cool with Skiba acting like that.

Dirty Sanchez and SaveTheEarth like this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same

Kuri44 and cbronder1 like this.
  23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Pathetic was the first blink song I ever listened to. Changed my life.

MRose24, hongfong00, RyanPm40 and 3 others like this.
  24. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Got into blink after hearing “First Date” at one of my first ”boy-girl” parties in like 6th grade. Grabbed Untitled when it came out and was hooked.

Richter915 and bradsonemanband like this.
  25. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

What did he say?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.