Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1432

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TheJMan

Trusted

It's just not a good song, I think I listened to it twice and have completely forgotten it since then. I would have liked a Christmas song produced by Feldy that sounded more like a sequel to "I Won't Be Home For Christmas".

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The "I miss fucking in the rain" and "lets get divorced for christmas" lines are very off-putting ... on top of my frustration with the collaboration.

As I said before, there was a way better Christmas song released that day from Taylor Swift and I'd much rather support her right now.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

At the end of the day I still think it's just a simple, classic, blink song and a fitting follow up to IWBHFC. I would've been all over this in the late 90's/early 00's.

I even think the main riff is old school blink. It's just picked differently. In this the picking rhythm is slow and not fast like Tom used to do in stuff like Carousel and Dysentary Gary.

David Parke likes this.
  4. kiguel182

Regular

The Christmas song is bad and the silence on the XXXTentation issue is not sitting well with people.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Silence? The official band social media accounts promoted it and Travis has on his personal accounts as well

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I like the Christmas song. Finally a guitar riff that isn't just power chords!

8. I really dig the riff, Travis’ drums in the bridge, the “fa la la la” nod to the “na na nas,” and the “another year not in a coffin” line. Fun track and video.

9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, the song is obviously from the perspective of a grinch/scrooge-like figure, so from that standpoint, it's pretty funny.

10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Btw, am I the only one who thinks it's weird we haven't got any tour news yet? It feels like they'd want to be out there promoting NINE as much as possible, hitting Europe & Asia, but instead AK3 is gonna be touring next spring and blink is kinda stalled for the time being.

Kuri44 and Arthur Dantas like this.
  11. chris-wrecker

Trusted

They pretty much completely quit promoting the album period, i would be surprised if they do a Nine heavy tour honestly.

12. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think it's time for Mark to focus on Simple Creatures until Tom decides to come back in a year or two.

DyingGaslight, Linton9488 and Kross like this.
  13. Kuri44

The summer tour was originally supposed to be in support of NINE, but it wasn’t completed in time so they changed it to an EOTS anniversary tour. So between a huge summer tour, recording/releasing an album, along with the many other projects they’ve got goingg on, I think it’s reasonable they take a little time off and they can do another huge summer tour

14. :crylaugh: :eyeroll:

Kross likes this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Tom will be lucky to actually finish his own album in two years

16. If they don't do a Nine heavy tour, I will riot.

BG9352 and ChampsMusic like this.
  17. it's certainly "an approach" the way they went about rolling out the album, it being REALLY good, and then deciding to do just about nothing with it. Not knocking it, just side-eyeing it a little. At least the album's good.

bradsonemanband and Kuri44 like this.
  18. They have almost a second top ten single from the album on radio right now, just did a giant (too big) tour, and have released multiple collaborations (blech) and a Christmas song ... I dunno what else they're supposed to do at this point.

Zeke and OhTheWater like this.
  19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The only way Tom is ever coming back is if it’s a one off tour when this band is no longer an “active band”. If the money is right they’ll do it. Clearly as we’ve seen the past week they’ll do anything if the price is right.

20. Small club tour, baby

21. chris-wrecker

Trusted

I was talking about Nine not blink in general, I think the last thing was the Monday Night Football thing.

David Parke likes this.
  22. Most artists promote themselves/songs not really "albums" these days.

23. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I am all for small club shows for Nine!

David Parke likes this.
  24. I was also talking specifically about nine but this is also true.

chris-wrecker likes this.
  25. TheJMan

Trusted

They’re touring Europe next summer and will probably have a bunch of US shows and festivals before and after that.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.