Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1429

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Honestly I don't think Mark or Matt care and am not sure why they should get benefit of the doubt. Mark has talked a lot about how much he loves collaborating outside of the genre and this feature lines up with that, xxx's personal history aside. I'd bet he was for it and didn't think much about the allegations if he thought about them at all. I don't see a reason to try and paint blink as the most passive possible participants in the collab.

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It may be more of a personal decision and how they are coping with his death (without necessarily approving of how he lived his life).

No twitter statement will satisfy fans and allow them to take part doing a guest spot on his album.

The Chainsmokers release date doesn’t have anything to do with Blink and a Christmas song in December doesn’t seem out of place. If they had announced their EP and tried to hide behind “but we worked with these people too” I’d get the whole trying to gloss over it thing.

As someone else said, maybe in 5 years they’ll look back and wish they handled it differently. But for now, I don’t forcing something will help.

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Mark is an adult. He would not do this if he didn't want to. Travis has done plenty of collaborations on his own that have just been labeled "ft. Travis Barker." This is not that.

4. There’s no reason to make excuses. It’s healthy and totally fine to say someone did something you disagree with and explain why. Even someone you like or look up to. No need to end up in knots.

Micool1, OhTheWater, Zilla and 12 others like this.
  5. MRose24

Regular

"I'm burned out like lights on a tree" and "Another year not in a coffin" are my favorite lines in Not Another Christmas Song.

Chainsmokers song is good, catchy, but I probably won't constantly listen to it.

No one is missing anything with the XXX song, extremely dull.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah the hoops people go through to defend the shitty actions of millionaire white men just because they like their music boggles me. They're adults who know what they're doing. They're well known for problematic lyrics. They aren't perfect guys.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, not sure why some are trying to do mental gymnastics with this. They made a bad decision, and now have to live with the consequence of that. Whether that means losing some fans because of it, or even some just reflecting what decisions like this mean to them and other artists who choose to side with money over principles.

ItsAndrew and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Christmas song is cool. Chainsmokers song is meh for me. XXX song is pretty good. If blink released this on their own without XXX ever being involved, it'd probably be a top blink song for me. Love the acoustic guitar (boxcar vibes) and how everything pops at the end.

ZooZooChaCha and MRose24 like this.
  9. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Christmas video was funny. Very “Celebrity Death Match”-esque.

10. official press release from Columbia records:
    Just in time for the holidays, Grammy nominated California rock heavyweights, blink-182, have released “Not Another Christmas Song” - listen HERE. The new track comes with an official claymation video by animator Johnny McHone that follows the band through Santa’s workshop as chaos ensues. Watch the crafted-from-scratch, stop-motion animated video HERE.

The band is also featured on two high profile collaborations, both out today. Listen to “P.S. I Hope You’re Happy” with The Chainsmokers HERE and “It’s All Fading To Black” with XXXTentacion HERE.

blink-182’s latest album NINE is out now on Columbia Records and includes singles “I Really Wish I Hated You,” which is approaching Top 10 at Alternative Radio, “Darkside,” “Happy Days,” “Generational Divide” and “Blame It On My Youth.”

Since their humble beginnings in 1992 in San Diego, blink-182 have sold over fifty million albums worldwide and rocked audiences around the globe, becoming one of the defining and inspirational rock bands of their generation. blink-182 is Mark Hoppus (vocals/bass), Travis Barker (drums) and Matt Skiba (vocals/guitar).

11. Kuri44

Absolutely loving the video:tree::heart:

MRose24 likes this.
  12. Shaun

cool dogs

anyone able to parse Matt's vocals in the bridge? i'm hearing "let it snow, let it go" and a couple other lines

MRose24 likes this.
  13. chris-wrecker

Trusted

MRose24 and Kuri44 like this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Once upon a time they talked about an EP coming at the end of the year. Is this Christmas song confirmed for the EP or is it just a one off single?

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Holy shit this sucks. I never expected Mark to sing lyrics this awful.

(Xmas song btw)

16. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Yup, could be biased after the XXX collab announcement but I think this weak ass xmas song is the nail in the coffin for me on blink 182.0 - catch me in the AVA thread.

17. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I like the Christmas song.

18. broken22

(:

The Christmas song is pretty bad, I really need Matt back in the Trio.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Taylor Swift released a better Christmas song today, and I would prefer to support that in this moment.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I wish more people were talking about the Meg & Dia Christmas album too!

21. I will now! Didn't know this existed!

Kuri44 and manoverboard365 like this.
  22. It's pretty great

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Bad Religion’s Christmas cover album is fantastic and 20% of the earnings from that goes to to help victims of sexual abuse. Kind of fits in as part of the gift giving holiday spirit.

JRGComedy, Allhailburnzy and Kuri44 like this.
  24. Kuri44

Album version:

MRose24 and Allhailburnzy like this.
  25. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

The "divorced for Christmas" line sounds like borderline parody..

Not to mention the "fucking in the rain" line

Zilla likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.