Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1413

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. drummerAVA

Trusted

Almost feels like yesterday when they were doing the 10 year anniversary shows with Tom...

Kuri44 and cbronder1 like this.
  2. those 10 year anniversary shows feel like they were soooo long ago, to me. haha.

macbethfan and cbronder1 like this.
  3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

same haha I was still in high school

cbronder1 likes this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Those shows were the first time in the 2009 - 2014 era of blink I felt good about their return and future. Tom actually sounded good live, he gave quotes in interviews hinting his excitement for the next blink record, and then BAM he was gone.

5. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I remember thinking “I better go to this show because Lord knows Tom is bound to leave the band and they won’t do a 20th Anniversary”

Sadly didn’t trust Tom after him rejoining and seeing his stage presence at the Grammy’s, ha.

6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

That Grammy presentation was the coolest thing when I first saw it but looking at it now it’s so damn awkward

ChampsMusic likes this.
  7. "IRWIHY" is up at #14 on the alt radio charts.

8. BG9352

Regular

Sorry long post incoming-

This album means so much to me! I remember racing home from school since my mom picked it up while I was at school and sitting on our recliner with headphones in listening to it. I learned that album front and back within a week and it didn't leave my cd player for a long time. So many intricacies and after reading the booklet with all of the notes I would keep it in mind listening to each track.

If albums were people this one would be a good friend. It helped get me through all the lows of high school, college, depression but it was there for all the highs too. I used a few songs in my wedding reception and snuck one line in my vows.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

Untitled is my favorite album of all time by any band. So much about this record means something to me.

10. I consider Untitled by Blink and Clarity by Jimmy Eat World as my 2 favorite albums ever. If I had to give the edge to one of them, it's probably Untitled. I have so many memories tied to that album. it's funny though because I probably have only listened to it once or twice in the last year.

11. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Same here. The album cover is the one and only tattoo I have and it's hard to put into words just how much of an impact this album had on my life. Can't believe it's 16 already. Wow.

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Hey me too lol

Linton9488 and macbethfan like this.
  13. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I was very lucky to live in SoCal when the anniversary shows came around. It was the most rewarding concert experience I've ever witnessed, and I reflect on that show a lot. I remember stressing about getting tickets because the first shows sold out so quick, and then they added one or two more and I was able to snag tickets to the final Wiltern show, which ended up having the best encore since they did all the songs from previous encores together, with LL Cool J's (LOL what?) appearance thrown in as well. One of the best nights of my life. And yeah, Tom was definitely on point vocally.

Donnie Ruth and David Parke like this.
  14. drummerAVA

Trusted

Don’t tell me you were there for this... this is a moment in history lol.

macbethfan likes this.
  15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I was!

16. ChampsMusic Nov 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2019)
    ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I was at this exact show

EDIT: I pulled a day trip from DC to LA for this show. Left early Monday morning, arrived in LA around lunch time. Grabbed a quick bite and hung out around back in hopes I could meet any of the dudes. I had already met Travis at a Transplants show, so all I needed was Mark and Tom’s sigs on my Untitled album. I wait and I wait and I wait and I hear the security guard mumble something about a black Prius.

Sure enough, a Prius rolls up and stops at security. Mark is in the passenger seat. I could see they were just gonna go in and park and avoid getting out in front of like 10 people that were there. I leaned my head down and said “Mark! Will you please meet the 10 of us?! We’ve been waiting all day!” He nods and gets out. Signs my record. Takes some pics with peeps and hops back in because people noticed that were in the venue line that wrapped the city block.

At this point, I’m stoked. I had heard Tom was flying in on a helicopter so I didn’t bother waiting for him and I got in line.

Soundcheck was awesome, but Tom left early while Mark stayed and signed stuff. Went back outside to wait in line for the show. Made some friends and was able to get front row of the first open GA section. I didn’t have pit tickets. Grabbed a pretzel as my only food since noon. Bad idea with the salt.

Show starts and I’ll be damned if it’s not the best blink show I’ve seen. So energetic and my favorite album all time. Left the venue and Famous Burro (Met him in line) showed me the Famous tent and got free goodies before he gave me a ride to the airport. 12am flight put me back in DC with time to get to class.

Perfect day.

17. I just watched Legally Blonde last night so I’ve had this song in my head all day. This song rules so hard.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  18. Samuel Calmon

Regular

great interview, boys talking politics

.K. and David Parke like this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

When I just barely glanced at the thumbnail I thought Matt was wearing a LOVE shirt lol

Shaun, TheJMan, cbronder1 and 4 others like this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I literally was saying yesterday I want them to release an entire Christmas EP lol, but I’ll take a song!

hongfong00, cbronder1 and David Parke like this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

Maybe it’s part of the collab ep!

Donnie Ruth and David Parke like this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I Won’t Be Home For Christmas is one of the few good all year round Christmas songs.

I still want a Blink only Why Are We So Broken? and I hope the collaboration songs run in the same family as the songs on Nine.

David Parke likes this.
  24. Has it come up that PLG is mis-titled on Apple Music? Is it the same on Spotify? Below is the Apple music version vs my 2012 digital download from them.
    75528E95-4443-4776-AEEC-2ECAE039F7F3.jpeg 92534A73-19AE-4DAB-B384-59E070889410.jpeg

25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.