Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1342

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Was just about to ask about this, has anyone who got a free one with the ticket gotten that yet?

3. oneeightytwo

Regular

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm kinda bummed that NINE isn't predicted to break 100k. Come on people keep streaming it!

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I could certainly be imagining it, but I'm 90% sure the album version of "Happy Days" is a different mix than the single, the drums sound a lot fuller and remixed (especially during the bridge) and there's guitar sounds that were way more buried in the verses

Richter915 likes this.
  6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Nope

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Doesn’t it take 1000 streams of an album to make 1 sale or something?

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I fell asleep with my earbuds in and it played all night apparently so I did my part haha

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Idk much about marketing, but part of me feels like the singles, aside from Darkside and probably IRWIHY, didn’t set them up too well. BTD was massive for them. People got excited right off the bat. That clearly didn’t happen this time around. Then the roll out and announcement was funky. Like they announced a final product that quite possibly wasn’t fully finished. Something about this build up to the release just seemed off. Hopefully it leaking early helps them out because it changed a lot of people’s minds about the album pretty fast.

That’s how I see it.

RyanPm40 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah I’ve had it on repeat on my Spotify since Friday morning with my phone set in volume level 1 so you can only hear it if the phones up to your ear lol

11. BTDandFeelingThis

It’s like this review I watched said:

“Now hear me out. I think blink-182 was using reverse hype. That’s where they release the weakest song and slowly release better songs until the album blows us away.....Orrrrrr blink-182 was trolling us....either way it worked!”

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think i remember seeing that too lol.

13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I have zero interest in changing sequences for an album. This one works. RTFM is a great closer.

And yea, releasing BIOMY first, is weird in retrospect knowing it’s the worst song on the album.

14. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Amazed at how good each individual song is. If I had to choose a bottom 3, I think Remeber to Forget Me, On Some Emo Ish, Ransom are the weaker ones. OSES is kinda just “there” for me. RTFM comes back strong at the end. Ransom is good but jumps around in my head.

I can’t choose a favorite on this album. Too hard. Hungover You, Run Away, No Heart, Black Rain, it’s just too good. Mark screaming that last part of Hungover You is so mint. I wish the last part of Black Rain was twice as long. Excuse my ramblings.

15. Blame it in my youth is not the worst on the album and by any and all metrics it was successful

disambigujason and pbueddi like this.
  16. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Sunday morning thoughts:

why does this have a parental advisory? Do they even say fuck once? Is it really a blink record if they don’t say fuck? Shit..

Can’t wait to listen to nine all day!

17. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I mean, there's literally a song called On Some Emo Shit. Unless that's censored on the cover? I've not got a physical version.

18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Ugh on some emo shit is their best song in like a hundred years you guys

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Hated You up 3 spots to 44. It had moved up one spot a day at a time before that

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I wanna see that song and another from NINE performed on Late Night shows. I think it would go over well. Seeing a couple good live videos of IRWIHY really made me like it more.

21. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Pretty sure blink is on Monday Night Football tomorrow night, hoping they perform at least one new song during the halftime performance.

22. ChampsMusic

MNF will likely be Hated You. Seems like they are pushing that right now. Blows my mind they don’t go with Darkside.

MRose24 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. pbueddi

Trusted

Finally got to spin my copy today!

Attached Files:

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yeah, it is IRWIHY. It will be from their performance on 9/12 in St. Paul.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  25. ChampsMusic

Interesting. The MNF Genesis performances have been all consistent in showing them in black and white and have specific scenery. I wonder how it’ll be presented tomorrow

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.