Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1331

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Also I like the font of the song titles on the back of the album. Granted I'm going off of very small words from my cassette haha.

David Parke likes this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Apparently the CD does not release in Japan until the 25th.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dang

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Feel like streaming this didn’t do them any favors. It sounded horrible, specifically Matt, and in that Facebook chat I saw tons of messages from people saying shit like “Tom didn’t sing well but at least it was better than Skiba” and such.

Just a random thought. Personally I know live they pop off. They were amazing at Warped and I thought Matt did great there.

Kross and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. slimfenix182

Lol FB is the Tombot headquarters. Put zero stock in FB comments, actually was surprised to see some people pushing back at them

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I was really hoping they'd just record some older songs with Matt, kinda bummed it's a livestream

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Watching my buddies instagram stories from the show it sounds so much better than the actual live stream.

David Parke, teebs41 and Kross like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This got me laughing.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 8.34.21 PM.png

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Here we go.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

Ready to see some fresh album reactions in here, I can get hyped again haha

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Well. I did it. I broke and downloaded the leak so that I can go to bed at a decent time.

I listened to all the songs that haven’t been released yet (10) and boy was that amazing. Those alone are an amazing album. First takes: Matt saved blink. He kills it all around. Run Away? Are you kidding me? This might be a top 10 blink song immediately. Black Rain? Why were you guys holding on to this creativity? Pin the Grenade?

Of the 10 non singles, the first half are extremely strong. I felt myself getting slightly bored on the second half, but I’m hoping they are growers. Another thing I noticed is that Mark and Matt’s layered vocals happen quite often on this album and sometimes it’s great but sometimes the song needs to breathe.

I’m honestly in awe and came damn near close to shedding a tear hearing this. They were so reserved on California and the DLX was a big miss at this “experimental” word they kept throwing around. NINE allows Matt to finally breathe life into the band after not wanting to step on toes. Mark compliments him so well and Travis is just the cherry on top. I read that NME review and totally see their “sonically similar to Untitled” comment. It’s the Untitled of new era blink. The production is so well rounded.

I’m gonna listen to these non singles 2 more times so that it “catches up” with the singles in my head. Then I’ll throw the whole album together cohesively but I just can’t imagine how amazing this album is as a whole. (Like Darkside is still there and that is a top tier blinker).

12. BG9352

Regular

Yay, the official release is here! Happy NINE release everyone!

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is exciting!

David Parke and Kross like this.
  14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Just listened for the first time. Majority of unreleased tracks blow the singles out of the water.

This is definitely their best work as a whole in 16 years.

15. NINE DAY!

David Parke, MRose24, TheJMan and 2 others like this.
  16. Collin Rohr

This is really fun to listen to. I only listened to the leak once bc it wasn’t great quality. I’m excited to really live with this.

Also, the way Matt says “my god” on Pin the Grenade. It’s like you can hear his eyes rolling. My god. I love it.

17. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

WORTH.

THE.

WAIT.

Holy Moses, this is so much better than I expected, even after reading the positivity after the leak. Singles are way better in context. Opener and closer are both note perfect.

MATT!

Back half owns. I want to hear all these songs live.

Jeff Goldblum “you crazy son of a bitch, you really did it” dot gif

I’m so glad I waited. And I’m so glad this is what was waiting for me. For anyone else who held to release day...unpin that grenade and DIVE IN.

David Parke, sonder, Kross and 4 others like this.
  18. slimfenix182

First Time gets better the more I listen. Such a killer opener

19. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

I get goosebumps from RTFM at the 2:40 mark, when Travis goes crazy... hot damn

20. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

My favorite song is rapidly changing, but favorite PARTS of certain songs is a bloodbath.

Current favorite is the guitar solo on “On Some Emo Shit” - I know people were making +44 “Baby Come on” references to one song. Was it this one? This part would fit perfectly.

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have a punch up for Matt's "I'm going to the dark side with Mark" line

should be "I'm going to the Mark side with you"

thank you

22. Maverick Sep 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2019)
    Maverick

Trusted

Alright get ready for some hot takes! So I just listened to this for the first time once and here are my quick reactions.

The First Time- 5/5 - Bam! Right away I feel that excited feeling in hearing a good blink song for THEFIRSTTIME!
    Happy Days - 3/5 - Good song! Better than most of California, but not quite great.
    Heaven - 2/5 - I'm playing loose with the rating here but for now I just don't respond favorably to the slower stuff.
    Darkside - 5/5 - Favorite of all the singles, still a pretty great song.
    Blame It On My Youth - 4/5 - Also really like this one, but I remember it took a few listens.
    Generational Divide - 4/5 - I remember always digging the super quick short punk stuff!
    Run Away - 5/5 - Damn son what just happened? Was that a blink song or someone else REALLY GOOD?
    Black Rain - 3/5 - Hmm.. I heard bits of some pretty good stuff in there but.. needs more listens.
    I Really Wish I Hated You - 3/5 - Didn't like this the first time for its "modern pop" vibe but it grew on me. Might still be growing.
    Pin The Grenade - 3.5/5 - So I hear some good stuff here but I'm just not so sure if I'm totally into this chorus yet.
    No Heart To Speak Of - 4/5 - This is a standout. I must say Matt impresses here. Not gonna quickly rate this perfect yet but this is a pretty good one.
    Ransom - 2/5 - So this was slow.. then fast! then done. I'd say this is my least favorite track here cause it almost sounds unnecessary but it wasn't necessarily bad either.
    On Some Emo Shit - 2/5 - Gonna be honest based off that title this was pretty unmemorable. But I'm gonna blame it on! being a bit distracted while listening so we'll see if this holds up later.
    Hungover You - 3/5 - Hey this was kind of good I think?
    Remember To Forget Me - 3/5 - This kind of reminds me of the song California, which I recently listened to and liked it better then I remember for the same reason this song reminds me of it.. they crank up those guitars!

AVG: 3.5/5

Overall this is better then California pretty obviously but it does still build from that new Blink sound that California started for them. I still hold a lot of that nostalgic classic blink feeling that Tom brought for me all the way up to Dogs Eating Dogs so I guess that makes me hesitant to feel that classic new blink feeling but with songs like The First Time, Darkside, and Runaway I'm glad to hear that it's not gone. I expect to like this more with further listens.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. [​IMG]

24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

in my experience the last three songs grow absolutely massively especially "On Some Emo Shit" and "Hungover You". the chorus of "Heaven" also becomes an absolute earworm

wisdomfordebris and Ashley like this.
  25. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

ANGEL WINGS AT THE BUS STOP

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.