Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1307

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah definitely gave me Chapter 13 vibes immediately

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same! Def a +44 vibe throughout the song.

3. Shaun

cool dogs

the "just another night before I'm lost and all alone, if you're gonna' kill me baby, please just do it slow" of Pin The Grenades chorus reminds me of Baby Come On's chorus for some reason. probably literally just because its in a similar key and he says "baby" haha

BG9352 likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21 Sep 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2019)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So, is NINE their new "masterpiece"? It's crazy to think about, but I remember being in High School thinking how confused I was with Untitled the first 1-2 weeks I had it. I never hated it, but I definitely remember it needing to grow on me. Obviously it's a HUGE staple in the band's career and brought on a whole new wave of fans at the time, which was perfect timing.

NINE
    started out with the same confusion as Untitled did when BIOMY dropped, but I immediately connected with album when I finally got to hear the whole thing. It's very different for them, yet gives me the same nostalgia TOYPAJ did but with new excitement for the future.

IDK. Just thinking while at the pool lol.

5. I definitely think this is their first “masterpiece” since Untitled.

6. Fox83

Trusted

I felt the same way when Untitled dropped. I wanted more songs like Feeling This. I wanted faster songs and felt it lacked Mark gems, at least on first impression. It definitely grew on me from that point on. I feel like it's a controversial opinion to say that I respect Untitled a lot, but it's never been my favorite blink album.

7. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

did you build the pool?

David Parke likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

9. I’m gonna just bring this back up - I still can’t find the 1 until mark starts singing on pin the grenade. Not a bad thing, it’s just not where I hear the 1 when it starts.

10. Thought about the original post on my first listen and it sounded off in my head as well.

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

He doesn’t start on the one though? Or do you just mean once he starts you can find it?

David Parke likes this.
  12. Mark sounded good in St Louis based on their Facebook story

talltomaz likes this.
  13. Correct. I can’t find the 1 on the drums until mark sings :(

14. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

As someone who has not listened yet, reading this stuff here is so cool, cuz i remember how mixed the reactions to cali were. Can't wait!

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’m kinda glad I don’t understand technically music jargon. All this “find the 1” talk means nothing to me and it sounds fine to me lol

16. Talk syncopated to me daddy.

morken, j0nnymarrzbar, FTank and 5 others like this.
  17. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Still holding out until Friday. I’m really pumped to be able to listen to this with all the reactions here. I’m a huge Skiba fan in general and it sounds like this delivers the goods

slimfenix182 likes this.
  18. 333 GANG

ACAB

Rest assured, he steals the show on this album. Travis is tremendous as always, and Mark sounds great, but many of Skiba’s parts are my favorite moments on the record.

pbueddi likes this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I can find it every time. I wonder what makes it different for people? Like, is it some brain thing? Some inherent ability? I dunno.

20. slimfenix182

I loved Darkside enough that I probably would've been satisfied if it ended up my favorite song on the album. Skiba and blink easily surpass it on the majority of the unreleased songs

pbueddi likes this.
  21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I mean, you can figure it out for sure, but it’s objectively weird on a technical level when you compare the two verses.

I threw it into Ableton the other night and synced it to the metronome to break down what was really going on, and yeah, it’s that the first verse has the whole drum pattern start a (half?) beat later than it does in the second verse. The part that makes it confusing is that you never actually HEAR the first beat of the song so you have no frame of reference for where it truly starts until everyone comes in together.

It was fairly easy to make sense of after I deleted the middle channel to isolate the guitar and learn it from that angle.

David Parke likes this.
  22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Matt absolutely shines and is the best part of this album, but this is the best Mark has delivered since 2006.

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

IT FEELS LIKE LAST NIGHT YOU CAME OVER

NOW I WAKE UP AND YOU’RE NOWHERE

24. slimfenix182

Since I've seen a lot of top 5's

Black Rain
    Hungover You
    No Heart To Speak Of
    On Some Emo Shit
    Remember To Forget Me

This album ends perfectly

333 GANG likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

Lol shut up

Edit: watching this and he actually called No Heart soulless get right the fuck on out of here

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.