Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1288

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

how does it remind you of deluxe?

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This is my favourite Blink album. I am pleasantly surprised. This isn’t even recency bias. It’s like they took my favourite elements of older (more serious sounding) favourite Blink songs (like Adam’s Song, Up All Night, Stay Together For The Kids, Going Away To College, Bored To Death, etc), added some Alkaline Trio’s Crimson and a some weird punk crashing head on into boy band thing.

Each member has room to shine. Travis and LP formerly of Yellowcard were always my favourite drummers because you can hear how fast and intricate they were playing without trying to steal the show. Mark sounds great and really comfortable. Nine brings in some of what really enjoyed about +44. I’ve been huge fan of Matt’s voice forever too. I know I’ll always associate Mark and Tom’s voice with Blink, and Matt with Trio because of decades of listening to them that way, but Matt’s presence in a song always works perfect. Lead vocals, backing, lead, smooth, rough around the edges. He just seems to get it, no matter the project. I think he brought what this band needed to move forward.

Good job to everyone involved in making this record.

3. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Also, remember to forget me. After 16 years we finally have a proper album closer again.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like the extra work they put into making deluxe probably helped them work together writing music and getting even more comfortable together. Also, they tried more serious angles on a few songs.

5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Similar guitar tones & riffs. Heaven reminds me of 6/8 unconfortably. Run Away reminds me of Bottom Of The Ocean.

The NINE songs are way better, but it still is hsrd to get those songs out of my head.

.K. likes this.
  6. "Black Rain" is everything I've said I wanted in a Blink-182 meets Crimson song.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Honestly hope Alkaline Trio takes a similar direction as that song for their next era.

333 GANG and BornToRun like this.
  8. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

I love how Black Rain is pure Skiba. Even in Mark’s verses you can tell Skiba wrote the melodies.

9. "Black Rain" is so awesome! I love the stabbing guitar chords which is very Skiba, as is the organ. Love this jam!

333 GANG and popdisaster00 like this.
  10. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

You didn’t think that California was a proper closer?

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

California was definitely an album closer.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Doesn’t Brohemian Rhapsody close California?

13. [​IMG]

slimfenix182 and Greg like this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

California was a great album closer, too bad it wasn't the closer haha

15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, the back half of this, right after GD is over... whoooo boy is it good.

Played NINE back-to-back with my personalized split playlist of California last night, and the mix I made with the darker material from those sessions is complimented quite well with the new album. But it's also a night & day difference creatively, and you can just tell from the production, songwriting, and with a good pair of headphones, just how intricate Matt's role truly is.

BTDandFeelingThis and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

lol they did it with deluxe too. “Bottom of the Ocean” wasn’t a typical closer but it was crazy enough to serve as one.....except here comes “Can’t Get You More Pregnant” and another “Bored to Death”.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  17. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

California is an ok song but the ”Nananana woah oh oh” part is just laughable, haha.

fran.182 and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Damn, I completely blocked out "Brohemian Rhapsody."

Was for the best!

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I always felt comfortable with the Nanana and oh oh oh stuff because it reminds me of music from the 50’s.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Holy shit I completely forgot about Brohemian.

21. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Sorry for steering this convo into nana discussions again...

Right now Hungover You and Remember To Forget Me are my two favorites, i don’t think i have another album where the last songs are my favorites.

333 GANG likes this.
  22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

To think... they really thought we’d miss the joke songs, yet here we are forgetting their existence.

23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

All this positive talk makes it really hard to hold out for my preorder.

333 GANG, MRose24 and Kross like this.
  24. i'd rather have a short fast punk song have serious-ish lyrics than a short fast punk song with jokey lyrics.

333 GANG, smoke4thecaper and .K. like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.