Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1286

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TheJMan

Trusted

David Parke likes this.
  2. I was thinking about this a lot actually yesterday. I listened to the record a few times, but passively. I’m a married father with a full time job. That time I had to sit alone with a record and take in any and every nuance is lost these days. At the end of the night as I drove home from Costco, I put it on again. I had about 20 mins with the record - loud and in silence. I heard so much I just didn’t catch while listening at work or in the car with my wife and kid. And I’d say anyone in their 30s that’s still listening to bands they listened to growing up experience this a lot, too. Like, every AFI record that’s come out since December Underground has been, to me, forgettable and not worth coming back to and I used to lament this. Now, this COULD be them, but it also could me be - and less about what my tastes are these days and more about my listening habits. Anyway, all this is to say I realized I should really spend some time with this record and not listen so passively. Everyone is firing off these song titles and how great they are and I’m just not remembering them that way yet. Haha. However, I have compared it to all the best things I loved about +44 and AK3 and that I enjoy NINE more than either of those things which is surprising.

morken, Arthur Dantas, Kross and 3 others like this.
  3. that would be ideal. haha.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I would’ve been way less confused during my first listen.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  5. Kross

Newbie Supporter

I hope so.

TheJMan likes this.
  6. Ronald.

Trusted

Yeah, it is a difficult thing to appeal to 16-year-olds on a purely emotional level, and also make music that resonates with folks who have been along for the ride and now have jobs, spouses, kids, and have seen some shit. Tom shared a similar sentiment after playing The Adventure. Basically, "Thanks for singing along. You motherfuckers heard this when you were 16, but now it means something deeper and totally different as you're pushing 30." I think this record is playing that balancing act really well.

7. TheJMan

Trusted

MRose24 and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. I'm in the "Pin the Grenade needs should be the next single" camp

9. J.love

Regular

Everybody rank your nine best songs from nine! Or do we wait?

10. J.love

Regular

I honestly think you will cry when you hear it. Just from pure happines.

BG9352 and Kross like this.
  11. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Skiba really shines on "No Heart to Speak Of."~

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. broken22

(:

After listening to NINE, I have no desire to go back to California.

13. Matt is better than Mark on NINE. And Mark is good on NINE.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The only thing this album is missing is Robert Smith.

15. Heh, still love Cali :seeno:

16. Ronald. Sep 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2019)
    Ronald.

Trusted

Who's going to start the Crowdfund to get @BTDandFeelingThis a VIP pass so they can tell the members of Blink, "I am literally the final loyal fan that has opted to not steal your music and play it an unreasonable amount of times that do not count towards your release week streams."

David Parke and broken22 like this.
  17. That chorus on Hungover You is just wow. So many of these songs are huge stadium jams. Sad to think how few they'll ever play live.

18. broken22

(:

Matt makes the album imo.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  19. broken22

(:

More power to ya ! I don't know, outside of a few songs i don't think it's very good while listening to NINE.

20. J.love

Regular

There's nothing more in the world I'd rather see than @BTDandFeelingThis listening to The First Time for the first time. I mean I'm a very casual fan and I got totally floored and had the biggest smile. Felt like the first time I heard Dammit.
    I wanna see what this does to such devoted fans.

21. There's definitely filler on California but I still love it. I'll always remember how I felt the first time hearing BTD. Flipped my absolute shit.

Mort Michaels and broken22 like this.
  22. broken22

(:

So, Skiba pumps out a beautiful Trio record last year, and now this piece of music with Blink. The dude is unbelievable and not all Blink fans deserve him, you guys have been cool so y'all deserve him.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'd join a live stream of that. The joy on his face during it would be amazing to witness. Come on, @BTDandFeelingThis....lets make this happen!

24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Pin the Grenade is the catchiest song Blink has written in a looong time

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.