Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1283

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Just listened quickly again for reference. I think Mark’s verse melody is syncopated at the beginning and Matt’s isn’t. Matt comes in on 2 of the bar but Mark comes in on the and of 1. That’s probably what’s causing confusion

David Parke likes this.
  2. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

you're going to fuck us all up

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You beat me

4. Shaun

cool dogs

haha don't worry i'm processing it the same way, thinking that third hit with the ride cymbal is the start of the measure.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Top 3 at the moment --

1. The First Time
    2. Pin the Grenade
    3. Darkside

Kross likes this.
  6. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

what does "and of 1" mean?

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m going to have to put it to a metronome before I can get a full grasp on it lol the only reason I even give a shit is because this is literally my favorite song on the album so far. Except my brain is keeping me from singing along to the beginning.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

1, and, 2, and, 3, and, 4, and

The “and”s are like half beats, so he’s implying that Matt starts the same melody a half a beat later than Marks version.

FTank and jesseisabigdeal like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This passed the Run Test. Its a ripper.

It also passed the Wife Test, which surprised me a lot because she was NOT a fan of BIOMY, Happy Days or IRWIHY.

David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Doesn’t really surprise me, tbh. I find all 3 of those to be kind of outliers here, sonically speaking.

Kross likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I haven’t even heard this new album, but I said it many times before and I’ll say it again.

I love California, but I always admitted it’s a safe album. They had to get fans used to Matt, and Matt used to being in the band. I always said that once they did that and got used to one another the next album would deliver what everyone wanted from this iteration of blink.

Without having heard the album yet, judging by everyone’s reactions, it sounds like I was right

12. Soundandfury182

Regular

That's cool! I'm happy you liked that album!

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

C3BCCF7D-4D86-4869-A6FD-D5DD30F52E5E.jpeg

14. David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

There are so many huge choruses on this.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I wish I had this when Summer started :(

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

A lot of this honestly feels like more of a fall/autumn record to me.

18. tssf92

Darkside would of been such a bomb ass surprise on the album.

19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

still thinking "Black Rain" and "No Heart" really could have been Skiba only songs. but the fact that that's my biggest complaint with this (other than the closer not doing much for me) is an indicator that they really brought the goods this time around. "Heaven" is like a cousin to "Misery" and I'm chuffed about it

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

-Album feels fresh, like a natural progression, unlike so many acts out there
    -Every song feels like it could be a single
    -Glad they did 15 tracks instead of 10
    -Skiba adds even more Skiba to the album
    -Glad people aren’t complaining about producers at the moment
    -No one is missing joke songs
    -Based on the end product it was a wise decision for them take extra time to make the record they wanted
    -I want to hear the songs left off Nine too or deluxe or whatever because I bet they are good
    -The energy is fantastic and I’m guess that Travis contributions have a lot to do with it
    -Mark’s released a lot of music this year and that makes me happy considering where this band was years ago (pre California)
    -I like when people have different favourite tracks on an album and that will be the case here

Kross, bradsonemanband and MRose24 like this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

God I've listened to this a lot in the last 8 hours. My top 5 as of now:

Heaven
    Pin the Grenade
    No Heart to Speak Of
    Hungover You
    Darkside

Least favorites: Run Away & Happy Days

Kross and 333 GANG like this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

If I had one complaint, it would be that the album reminds me a lot of California Deluxe, but... most of these songs still slap, so.

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

A joke song would have really hurt this. So glad they decided not to include any this go round.

BornToRun likes this.
  24. SFguitar

Regular

Pin the Grenade, Hungover You, and No Heart to Speak of should have been lead singles for sure

25. Maverick

Trusted

Still haven't listened, going to wait til release but I'm surprised people are surprised that it's better then California. Granted, I guess some people hold that album in high esteem but I certainly did not. And if you compare the pre-release singles from both albums I think it's pretty clear which are the stronger songs, at least to me. So I'm happy to see that this album appears to be as good as I hoped it would be!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.