Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1281

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I really don't like the opening lyric of Run Away but the rest of the songs great.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m going with... Pin the Grenade (first verse is still frustrating af), Run Away, The First Time, Hungover You, I Really Wish I Hated You

SteveLikesMusic and Kross like this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Love the song, hate the title haha

Kross and Serenity Now like this.
  4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

With the exception of Darkside the singles are the weakest thing here. That said I really enjoyed all the singles.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. Kuri44

My faves:
    The First Time
    Darkside
    Blame It On My Youth
    Generational Divide
    Run Away
    Pin The Grenade
    Ransom
    On Some Emo Shit (wish it had a different title)

Least faves:
    I Really Wish I Hated You
    Hungover You

Still need to spend some more time with Remember To Forget Me

6. BG9352

Regular

Me after my first listen:

upload_2019-9-11_19-15-12.gif

7. Soundandfury182

Regular

I legitimately think that California is a mostly horrible record (especially the song writing, and the guitar work), and didn't think the band could release good and/or interesting music without Tom.

I was 100% wrong. I'm shocked at how good this record is. The diversity, production, overall songwriting is all terrific. Still not a huge fan of the singles, but there are at least 4-5 songs that deserve to be played live and will end up being top-tier Blink.

Amazing how wrong many of us were.

8. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Pin The Grenade has the strongest, catchiest chorus from Mark I have heard in a long time.

And No Heart To Speak Of.... holy shit. Bangers.

9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I can’t believe that I’m into the transition between the outro of No Heart to Speak of and Ransom but here we are

10. Ronald.

Trusted

Found a stream on a Facebook search that you don’t have to download!

The callbacks to older songs are a lot more subtle on this one. Pin The Grenade’s verses and drum part have a similar vibe to Kaleidoscope until the chorus explodes. Run away has a bit of the untitled interlude. I bet there’s a lot more peppered in there.

It’s too bad they lead with BIOMY. That and IRWIHY would have been really cool surprises had they not been released before the album drop. I don’t think they’re good expressions of the whole body of work. They’re more cool meandering left turns that fit surprisingly well in the context of the whole album.

This album is truly pulling the best from each member.

Kross and teebs41 like this.
  11. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

why is it frustrating?

12. Ronald.

Trusted

First time chorus has some MH 4.11.2011 vibes as well. Radical to hear Neighborhoods impressions hidden in this record.

Arthur Dantas, teebs41 and Kuri44 like this.
  13. brendanmachow

not a doctor

HEY

WAIT

PIN THE GRENADE

Rowan5215, astereo, Kross and 3 others like this.
  14. Shaun

cool dogs

love the bass and Mark's background aaahs in the second verse of Pin the Grenade. can't wait to spend the next few days just picking up on little things like that that make me fall in love with the songs more

15. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

16. pbueddi

Trusted

Bored To Death, Left Alone, and San Diego are some of my favorite Blink songs.

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Listening now. The First Time fucking rules!

BG9352, David Parke and Kuri44 like this.
  18. I feel like Mark took to heart comments from fans telling him to make a new +44 album. I’m so happy they made this.

19. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Skiba does some cool stuff musically on this record that really surprised me. There are a few instances where you'd expect him/them to transition to another major chord in like a chorus, except he takes a left turn and plays a minor chord or some sort of dissonant chord and as a result makes that shit pop.

20. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

we need the lyrics

21. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

GL to these dudes trying to play Black Rain live.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Just finished my first listen. It’s fine.

Sadly, not a lot of the lyrics really grabbed my attention outside of a few random lines. Will need to listen more. But it’s good.

23. SFguitar

Regular

What did you search? Link?

MRose24 likes this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

Holy wow, Black Rain on good headphones is a fucking TRIP

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Heaven is the most genuinely excited I’ve been about a new blink song in a long time.

bradsonemanband likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.