Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1279

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I've had several listens to this at work now, and I hate to be the one to use the forbidden word but.... when do we start RANKING?

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll rank in a month or so after I get 20-30 listens under my belt.

David Parke, MattNCheeze and Kross like this.
  3. there isn't a single "fuck" on this album, huh? that's a first. i heard a "shitty" in one of the songs, but i think that's the only "bad word" on here, right? (i suck at really paying attention to lyrics to songs so i could be totally wrong)

Kross likes this.
  4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

haha not only is it way too hard to rank on literally the first day of hearing the songs, but it probably takes a 3-4 weeks for the "new" songs to mesh with the singles we've already heard. There's always a disconnect with singles for me.

For example, it's hard to even wrap my brain around BIOMY as being part of this album because it feels so separated.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I vaguely remember one of the preview websites only having an "explicit" tag on one song from the whole tracklist, but I'm not familiar enough with the lyrics yet to recall which one it would be.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I can't handle my hype level haha

7. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

lol i'll trade no fucks in exchange for no rimjob/bojmir anyday

8. Zeke

Regular

It will be hard to hold off myself from not listening to it...damn:-)

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Watch that be the title of the bonus track

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  10. Zeke

Regular

リムジョブ

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  11. Noradrenaline

Regular

I’ve listened three times now and have liked it less and less every time. Now I don’t know what to think. I’ve loved every blink-album since Dude Ranch so it makes me a bit nervous...
    The last time i listened I got the feeling that I wouldn’t like it at all if it wasn’t blink, with a lot of it sounding like run of the mill alt-rock. Shit, I really want to like this. We’ll see what I think in a few days.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

add me to the list of people who are shocked at how much they're enjoying this

13. My top 5 right now:

Pin The Grenade
    No Heart To Speak Of
    Heaven
    Black Rain
    Hungover You

My top 6 would include Darkside, haha.

14. The guitar at the very end of "Remember To Forget Me" sounds like a voice memo recording, and I love it. So many little things to discover everywhere on this album, it's awesome.

MRose24 and Kross like this.
  15. Kross

Newbie Supporter

I've got a prelim list that I'm updating with feels as I progress, and I'm taking a snapshot every week as we roll forward... kind of a way of keeping myself accountable
    Pin The Grenade
    On Some Emo Shit
    Black Rain
    The First Time
    No Heart To Speak Of

16. tssf92

Pin The Grenade should of been a single.

MRose24, Kross and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I have no idea if my file is just skipping or what, but for Mark's verse in Pin the Grenade, I CANNOT find the beginning of the beat. I can't find the "one" in the count so it just sounds like Mark is singing way out of time. But then when Matt's verse comes around it sounds just fine to me because I can actually keep time.

18. There's still time!

19. So I've been listening to this non-stop today, and I obviously fucking love it, but I'm deleting it by the end of the day. Here's why:

One time, Andrew WK replied to my email, and he told me that his favorite thing to do with his favorite albums is listen to them non-stop and then totally cut it out of your life for at least a week, and then when you finally get back to it, it's that much better.

That's what I plan on doing with this album. I'm going to listen to it a couple more times today, but at the end of the day, I'm deleting it and won't listen again until the 20th.... Can't wait to listen to these songs again in 9 days. :blink182:

20. What's it like to have self control

21. I told myself I wouldn't listen to a leak. I lied...So ask me tomorrow.... haha

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’ve almost broken several times today but I have renewed my resolve and I will fight the urge!

It helps one of my other big releases this year comes out Friday lol

23. Zeke

Regular

What is the other one for you?

24. upload_2019-9-11_15-22-24.png

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I will not be deleting this and will be listening consistently while patiently waiting for my vinyl, cassette, and digital pre-orders to arrive. Happy Days.

Daniel182 and bradsonemanband like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.