Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1220

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TheJMan Aug 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

Definitely disappointing if it happens, there’s really no reason or any good that can come from that collaboration. I definitely won’t support or listen to it.

2. broken22

(:

Yeah, that's disappointing if Blink does that collaboration and I sure won't listen to it.

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Yeah this about sums up my thoughts

4. Blink182Bouncer Aug 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Wait, why does everyone think blink is gonna do a posthumous collab track with X all of a sudden?

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That studio version of the mash up actually sounds great tbh. Safe to say the Youtube likes/dislikes just says how much of this fanbase is like "eww rap sucks"

David Parke likes this.
  6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

HUGE fan of this mashup. Did Wayne re-record or did they sample his original?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

because X's team literally said in precise words that they were going to do that

GrantCloud, Joe4th and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Oof

9. Kuri44

Already sold out, bummer

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

It must be real nice as a man to be able to say "well I just won't listen to that one song," something most people weren't probably going to do anyway, while as a female fan, I have to sit and wonder why I'm constantly paid dust by artists I support due to a lack of accountability and empathy. I'm left to wonder why our lives and safety are so little regarded by men I've supported and given money to that they think it excusable to work with and praise an artist who viciously beat and sexually assaulted a woman they thought to pregnant as long as they "respect their work." It is truly devastating to witness the complete disregard of anyone who is effected by such actions when the solution is simple enough as not to work with someone like that when there is literally no reason to ever do such a thing. They made a conscious decision to do so and that speaks volumes to someone like me and it fucking sucks.

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Blink 182 lacks principles or standards and they are enabling abuse. They are purposefully and intentionally attaching themselves to another's legacy which involves horrific abuse and assisting in glorifying it, and are aiding in deifying an abuser. They are trash.

12. Yeah between the Neck Deep support slot and this utter fucking nonsense it's fair to say the whole band can get fucked. I'm so tired of this.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Gross

jorbjorb and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, this doesn't look good. Idk, we don't even know if this is official yet, but it is disconcerting.

What are the odds Mark & Matt are so old and out of the loop they don't know why this is considered problematic? Or anything about who X is other than that he was this massively influential musician? I want to give them that benefit of the doubt, but... idk.

That being said, you'd be hard-pressed to find a mainstream musician who isn't still kissing his ass; From Lil Wayne to Kellin Quinn to Alicia Keys. And now, blink-182, sadly. It's so frustrating that these popular figures are still legitimizing his musical legacy, removes from his abusive history.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

0. The odds are 0.

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Travis was already trash for his constant support of that piece of shit abuser of women and violent homophobe. Now the rest of the band is too. Fuck them.

17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

You didn't hear? Blink gets a pass for all things around these parts. Careful or you might get banned for such blasphemy against god daddy's.

18. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

dylan and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Should’ve expected Mark was as much of a dumbass as Travis and Matt.

Lenin, Joe4th and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Has anything been said about when the collab took place? It’s a posthumous release so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that it could’ve happened at any point during this Guys career and his estate is just scrapping together a release from loose songs. Not trying to give anyone a pass and it’s a bad look regardless, but just genuinely curious of the timeline.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Doesn’t matter because his abuse as well as the public’s knowledge of his abuse happened at the very start of his career

sonder, GrantCloud, ItsAndrew and 7 others like this.
  22. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

We did it. We stopped it from being released.

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Was something else posted?

24. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Lotta non regulars coming out of the woodshed. Hey good to know you're done with a band that you may have not had much interest in anyway.

25. broken22

(:

But did you hear ? Mark Hoppus is a shitty human being now !

j0nnymarrzbar and Kuri44 like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.