Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1201

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel Calmon

Regular

2. David Parke likes this.
  3. TheJMan

Trusted

I haven’t checked to see if it’s actually straight through set or chopped up yet.

Still wish the first show in Hartford had a full set released since it had the best set list on tour but @arewehavingfunyet dropped the ball on that one.

4. MRose24

Regular

Would love another live album just to be able to listen to Travis and how he changes the songs. He’s just an absolute beast live

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Blame dropped off the top 50 on the Alt chart

Sounds like a good time for the next radio single

TheJMan and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. hairtaylor

Regular Supporter

Live at Good Morning America would be siiiiick!

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

So when are we thinking the next single drops?

8. The Simple Brilliance of Colleen Green’s Cover of Blink-182’s ‘Dude Ranch’ Album
    In her hands, the juvenile potty humor comes off less as a defining factor of the record than a defense mechanism, as if Hoppus and DeLonge have suddenly realized how emotionally raw some of these songs are and felt a nervous impulse to distract the listener with comic relief. Great covers help you see familiar source material from new angles. I used to think Dude Ranch was Blink’s most gleefully immature record. Now I hear it as their most vulnerable.

Cool article.

9. Awesome article. I've always been on the hill that says Dude Ranch is the band's most vulnerable album, for sure, despite all the pointless silly stuff throughout it.

tomdelonge likes this.
  10. tomdelonge

Trusted

I listen to Dude Ranch way way wayyyyy more than the others.

There’s absolutely no groove, the band is barely playing together, the sound is muddy, every other snare hit is an accidental rim shot, half the time they’re hopelessly out of time, in fact most of the time it sounds like theyre stumbling over themselves racing to the next beat, they can’t sing, the songs are so stupid and its just amazing

The first show I ever went to was Blink 182 and Goldfinger in 1997.

Kross and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Dude Ranch is in my top two blink records. I’m excited to give that cover album a listen.

12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That was my first concert ever! I love that it’s online.

13. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

[​IMG]

I did get a few videos though!

MRose24 and TheJMan like this.
  14. TheJMan

Trusted

15. TheJMan

Trusted

I always wondered why bands don’t hook up a simple recorder to the soundboard then put up the bootleg recording on their website for like $5. Seems like it would be an easy way to make some money unless their would be rights fees they would have to pay to the label/venue etc that wouldn’t make it worth it.

David Parke likes this.
  16. macbethfan Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2019)
    macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Seriously, Linkin Park did it for YEARS. I think they charged between $5-10 for them. Best momento of a concert you could get IMO. There was quite a long stretch in their career where they recorded damn near every show they played. It was cool for me because I got soundboard recordings of shows I missed and even one of the most special concerts I've ever been to: the only time they played in Okinawa, Japan. Incredible show. Sorry for the tangent.

Back on topic, I wish more bands would do soundboard recordings. I like them because they're better than YouTube/iPhone recordings, but they're not perfect. The imperfections are what make them sound cool.

TheJMan and David Parke like this.
  17. Chris Carrabba did it with the Swiss Army 10 year solo tour. Those are some great "bootlegs."

bradsonemanband and TheJMan like this.
  18. oneeightytwo

Regular

TheJMan likes this.
  19. Arthur Dantas

who cares

20. Vs.

Regular

Pearl Jam has hundreds of shows recorded and a ton of them are on streaming services.

macbethfan likes this.
  21. Yes! I loved those! My first time seeing DC was recorded and put on there.

Dashboard Confessional

David Parke likes this.
  22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I'm sure blink knows and accepts that, vocally at least, they don't sound good. That's one big barrier to putting out live recordings that aren't retouched.

23. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

This and the fact that it’d be pointless to have 50+ of the same .MP3 file with different city names.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  24. Here's the audio from the show at The Forum from a couple days ago. Unfortunately, you can't download it for free right now (because some people used up all 200 free downloads for the month...) so go ahead and just stream it for now and I will make it free to download as soon as the free downloads reset!

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

All respect to Brad, but that’s pretty unlistenable haha

Contender and bradsonemanband like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.