Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1127

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Well the entire pavilion is fully packed now lol

If I drove here just to see Neck Deep I’m going to be very upset

2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Those sneaky Blink boys controlling the weather to pack the house.

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

She doesn’t look much different!

5. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

We ended up getting the whole show just an hour late

Didn’t get the acoustic portion or drum solo though and they didn’t use the LED screen so it looked kind of awkward but it was still a great time! As I said after Warped they’ve really gotten it down for this tour especially Skiba

cbronder1, TheJMan and David Parke like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did they completely close down the lawn for the weather last night? I know you said everyone ran into the pavilion, but from the seating chart yesterday morning, looked like the Pavilion was barely sold in the first place.

8. moore182

Member Since August 2003

Yes, I love the little change he does for "And I can't wait ('til I get home)" in the last chorus on the MTTS.

David Parke and Preserved Moose like this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think that's why it worked out. There was barely anyone in the lawn after they moved everyone and the pavillion was fully packed

10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Contender and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. TheJMan

Trusted

12. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

At least Weezy got to go on late and play to a packed pavilion. Should help with his morale.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Going tonight and it is on pace to be raining up until 7pm. Gonna be a muddy night tailgating in the parking lot!

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  14. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Enjoy the show, give us updates during or after please!

btr likes this.
  15. kiguel182

Regular

As someone who couldn't stand Green Day interrupting every song with "hey ohs" and 2+ hours that could've been a much tighter set I much prefer Blink's short and sweet approach.

I only watched Blink live in like 2014 or something and loved every second of it.

EDIT: This seems out of context but I thought of this because of the Pop Disaster tour and Blink being out-shined by co-headliners. Although I think Green Days set was much shorter those days so maybe it had less of the shit I hated in their later tours.

David Parke and BornToRun like this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

At least Green Day change up their set a lot and play a lot of deep cuts each tour and play longer than an hour and a half. Yeah, there's some stuff thrown in there that's annoying but I'll take some of that for more songs/more variety

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  18. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Ugh please do not disparage the HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

TheJMan likes this.
  19. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I know the Ramones did it first with Blitzkrieg but BJ Armstrong also does the "HI-HO! HI-HO!" chant live a bunch, and now Skiba is doing it before First Date, I'm a fan of that one tho.

TheJMan likes this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Billie Joe Armstrong is a showman. For all blink does well, they are not exactly that

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Till this day...I have yet seen a show where the lead singer controls the crowd the way Billie Joe did when I saw them.

22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’ve been lucky enough to see Bruce Springsteen a few times, but yeah seeing Green Day live in 2005 was unbelievable.

MRose24, Joe4th, BornToRun and 2 others like this.
  23. kiguel182

Regular

Billie Joe might be a showman but I do not want to break each song into extended crowd sections. I go to a show to hear live music. I hate his entire live style. I was exhausted at the end of the show and not in a good way.

Blink needs more variety. They do play always the same shit.

24. For us olds in here Blinks 1.5 hour set is perfect.

And I'll always agree with more variety.

25. TheJMan

Trusted

The only one I saw that was close/as equal is Hayley Williams.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.