Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1125

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don’t repeat. That’s just a trick to get you to buy more shampoo.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah the shows are fun but even with Tom out of the band they’re pretty mediocre live

3. Wtf I’ve been using the entire bottle of shampoo every time I shower for YEARS!!! Sometimes I wash my hair 35 times!

Jk jk jk jk

4. broken22

(:

Well sure, but at one point I feel like they sounded better than they do now. Don't get me wrong, they obviously do sound better compared to the reunion.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  5. broken22

(:

For what it's worth I think Matt has sounded less than stellar as well.

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

As one of three members of my elementary school’s Hilary Duff fan club I felt obligated to finish the Lizzie Maguire quote

7. I was in high school when HD was at her peak popularity, and I think I was the only person in my high school that would have been in that fan club, haha. I still love her. Never was into Lizzie Maguire though.

David Parke likes this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Sneaky little brown nosers with a hidden agenda.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I expect my Blink/Wayne show to be VERY similar to my Blink/Weezer show a while back. Hanging in the back/lawn, can't really hear either band but it doesnt matter because everyone is singing along loud, everyone is drunk, crowd is obnoxious. Should be fun! haha

10. TheJMan Jul 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

Hmm @bradsonemanband, we might finally have a winner here:

EDIT: Nevermind Going Away To College is cut out because some Canadians are fighting over an inflatable alien.

11. Zeke

Regular

manoverboard365 likes this.
  12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

@bradsonemanband needs to catch up on his track by tracks so I can review California

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. god dammit

TheJMan likes this.
  14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Exactly. Go in with appropriate expectations, compared to when I saw them in 2001, 2002, and 2016...this is the best I have seen them. That might not be much but for blink, this is good.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

16. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I love the stupidity of the fact that the guy takes his time to film the entire show, but his video is ruined because people are fighting to take a picture with an alien balloon. It even falls right in one of the best tracks lol

TheJMan likes this.
  17. UNTITLED

1. FEELING THIS - I remember first hearing this song from the Madden game. I downloaded the rip from mIRC, if anyone remember that thing. This song is pretty classic. It captures everything the band is best at plus some. My favorite part of the song is the last minute of it.

2. OBVIOUS - From Dude Ranch all the way to Untitled, Blink's music basically followed the same path as my musical taste. When Untitled came out, I was listening to bands like Taking Back Sunday, Coheed, Thursday, bands that were a little more aggressive and less pop punk/punk rock. Untitled totally fell into my current wheelhouse at the time and I remember just being blown away by that. "Obvious" was the first song that made me realize that the band and I were more or less growing up together, musically, if that makes sense. I love how big the chorus sounds, and Tom's guitar riff during that part too. They got his guitar tone to sound real nasty too. If I remember right, I read or saw something that said they used a broken amp to record some stuff on this album, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a song they did that on.

3. I MISS YOU - The day before this album came out, I got my wisdom teeth out and I was still home recovering the next day. So my mom went to the store and picked the CD up for me. I remember laying on my mom's couch in pain, but so stoked to be listening to this in my portable CD player. When the chorus of "I Miss You" started, it immediately made me giddy and I remember thinking it was the coolest vocal melody. Tom always had really great vocal melodies. "I Miss You" isn't one of my fav Blink songs anymore, but it's still my favorite part of Blink shows. The extended ending they do always rules.

4. VIOLENCE - This song was definitely a weird one for them. I'm into it. The chorus is classic Blink. The bridge is really cool.

5. STOCKHOLM SYNDROME - This is another one that hits me like "Obvious" did/does. Just a lot of energy and it's more aggressive than typical Blink stuff ever was. I love all the instrumental bits in this song. The entire song is killer. Might be my favorite at the moment.

6. DOWN - Good on record, boring live. I like listening to this song though when I'm doing a whole run through of the album. I don't typically single it out ever though.

7. THE FALLEN INTERLUDE - This is fine for what it is. I always wondered if Tom was playing guitar on it. My assumption is no.

8. GO - Classic Mark song. Short and sweet.

9. ASTHENIA - One of the best tracks on here that I feel like kind of gets overlooked because of its "long AVA intro." The chorus is awesome especially.

10. ALWAYS - This song rules. It has a totally different overall sound than the rest of the album. It's very 80s. Very Cure inspired. Whenever I hear it, I remember the music video. I also just learned a week or so ago that the girl in the video was the Bachelorette on a season of Australia's version of the show. What a world.

11. EASY TARGET - This is a fun one. Feels like marching into battle or something. Aggressive but still real catchy.

12. ALL OF THIS - The transition from "Easy Target" into "All Of This" is awesome. Cool how they did that. Fitting to have Robert Smith on a song since Mark has always been such a huge fan of The Cure. This song's pretty cool. I don't listen to it on its own very much though.

13. HERE'S YOUR LETTER - Another classic Mark song that is super underrated. Similar to "Everytime I Look For You." Sounds like it would have fit right at home on the +44 album too.

14. I'M LOST WITHOUT YOU - This song is cool. It kinda got ruined for me thought when I watched the live videos for it when they did the 10 year anniversary show. They had Tom's vocal track playing in the background and it's super obvious and sounds awful. Anyway, this song was never my favorite but I always thought it was cool that Travis ends the album.

15. NOT NOW - Top 10 Blink song, in my opinion. I don't think it would have really fit onto the album, but man, I love this song so much. It's got everything I want in a Blink song.

18. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah super bummed because Going Away is one of my favorite songs and it sounded really good in the video.

19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw a post that said Ava Delonge is 17 today? Holy shit do I feel ancient.

20. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I think Obvious is underrated. Not that I keep a spreadsheet of people's favourites but I don't remember seeing it mentioned too often. Totally agree with how rad and "nasty" the guitar sounds. Those kinda heavy power chord riffs like the bit before the last chorus are my favourite things that I'm always trying to rip off when I write songs!

Also the live show contrast between the aggressive Untitled era Tom hammering out the chords and post reunion "Dad Tom" half heartedly strumming away on his silly new guitar is everything that's wrong with the world haha.

21. I do not like asthenia at all. Bottom tier blink song.

22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"Asthenia" is the only song I'm aware of they recorded Tom with a broken/dying amp, I could be wrong tho

23. [​IMG]

24. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i got the joke and think there's something to it

Richter915 likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.