Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1124

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Rowan5215, Zilla, irthesteve and 2 others like this.
  2. I wish it was just "blame it, blame it on my youth" and not "blamin it, blamin it on my youth." I'd even take "blamin it, blame it on my youth." It's such a mouthful.

tomdelonge and broken22 like this.
  3. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

The lyric videos that play during that song at the shows say “blame it, blame it” for what it’s worth haha.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha and that would be the plus side to festivals! That is awesome. The last festival my band played, we were scheduled to overlap at the same time as the headliner on the very last night so we were pretty bummed....but then we caught all of the traffic of people walking to get to their stage and ended up sporadically getting a decent chunk of people to stay and watch us before moving on. You never know how it might work out.

Micool1 likes this.
  5. somethingwitty

Trusted

Anyone who’s been to a show on the tour recently, if my show is selling poorly should I just buy lawn and hope to be upgraded? Looks like the seats are 50% empty and the show is in 2 days.

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yes, it's worth a try.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

8. broken22

(:

Are t shirts the standard 30 bucks at these shows or are they higher in price ?

9. pbueddi

Trusted

ncarrab likes this.
  10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

"Nobody on stage seemed to be having fun at Lil Wayne and Blink-182’s nostalgia show"

"His bros Blink-182 — bassist Mark Hoppus, drummer Travis Barker and guitarist Matt Skiba, who has been filling in since founding member Tom Delonge left the band to search for aliens a few years back — followed Weezy’s early exit with some road-weary antics of their own.

They went through the motions of “Enema,” an album whose sophomoric juvenalia was already tired when it was released. Back then, the band at least seemed to be in on the joke. Wasn’t that the premise of “What’s My Age Again?”

Midway through the show, Hoppus quipped that they were going to play more songs “because we’re contractually obligated.”

Blink-182, never punk enough for true punk, had become its antithesis: the ex-jocks who loiter around the high school recalling their past glories. In front of giant prop amps, Hoppus and Skiba traded the microphone and fumbled through their parts, which were muffled by the amphitheater’s sound system in a way their pristine records never were. Barker remains a virtuosic drummer, but his machine-gun volleys have no target.

That was never more clear than during his Tommy Lee-meets-”American Gladiators” drum solo. Barker strapped in and jammed out to trap-dubstep cacophony for four minutes. Appropriately, he performed this self-gratifying fantasy alone while Hoppus caught his breath and Skiba adjusted his fedora.

Blink closed the night with “Dammit,” serving their best song with an extra helping of nostalgia on the side: Hoppus squeezed in a chorus of TLC’s “No Scrubs.” The crowd seemed to enjoy it but didn’t seem too discerning. After all, nostalgia — whether for “The Lion King,” “Friends” or white hegemony — is so in right now.

We can do better. Even Blink-182 knows that. They sang as much earlier in the night: “Don’t let your future be destroyed by my past.”

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

This guy definitely hates his life

12. Siiiiiiiiiigh... I can't stand reading reviews.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

As if I didn't read those exact reviews 15 years ago. They clearly hate the band who cares

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of reviews, where is the rest of those track by track reviews?

16. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am up to California/CaliDx. I just need him to catch up

broken22 likes this.
  17. Ah yes, if work slows down in a bit, I will crank them out today.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

20. If you're posting a negative review of a Blink show in 2019 you should also be forced to review a Blink show that Tom was a part of from like 2012

Richter915 and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  21. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

That review reads like a parody someone wrote on here haha. I'm glad he didn't enjoy it. Jokes on you!

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I bet these dudes announce the album while I’m disconnected from the world for a week.

23. broken22

(:

I mean from all the videos I've seen I don't think they have sounded fantastic or anything.

24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I don't think they have sounded great like ever.

tomdelonge, Richter915, Zilla and 5 others like this.
  25. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.