Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1115

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. emojedi

Trusted

Was this ever officially announced as a coheadliner? Sure they made it a big deal that they are touring together. But every poster I saw when this was announced had blinks name at the top. It always seemed like Wayne was direct support considering when he does headlining shows he plays to crowds a fraction the size of blink

Brent likes this.
  2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Were you at the Pittsburgh show where Wayne closed? I wonder if that was really a bus issue..

Also - it was billed as a co-headliner originally but Weezy has like 1hr set and blink has 90 minutes it seems.

emojedi likes this.
  3. Yes.

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah it was always a coheadliner. However, it became a little less clear when they put out the new tour poster when they announced the EOTS anniversary and Lil Wayne had a much smaller font

5. pbueddi

Trusted

If Blink played first, isn't there a chance a bunch of people would leave after and not stay for Wayne?

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think that would definitely happen, but not much different from people waiting until after Wayne to show up.

7. broken22

(:

I'm not the biggest fan of Lil Wayne but this situation still sucks. I was super curious about his show, I'm honestly surprised he agreed to do this tour.

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’ve seen Wayne do a few shows at venues and festival stages that were too small for him recently and I’ve also seen him in the past doing the big stage, and honestly I think the underplay really suits him well (but at the same time he probably wants to get paid)

9. pbueddi

Trusted

That's what Im getting it. Seems like Wayne would be unhappy either way, which is maybe why this tour wasn't such a great idea.

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

How much longer was he on after that video?

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I think he played one more song and that was it.

12. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

How empty was it when he went on?

13. It would be nice to know tickets sold vs attendance to know how much the weather impacted the show

Brent likes this.
  14. Kuri44

It’d be a bummer if he dropped off before Texas cause I know quite a few people who are going that love Lil Wayne and/or are going more for lil Wayne than blink.

Like a bunch of my friends who liked blink way back, but never went to a show of theirs or punk/rock show in general, but are stoked cause now they get to see blink. They probably would’ve already been going if it was just lil Wayne

Maybevictor likes this.
  15. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

It was hard to tell, but they closed the lawn and upgraded everyone to the seated sections. I can’t imagine it was too empty. Maybe 3/4 full?

16. somethingwitty

Trusted

When Wayne is on, he’s a maniac live. However, he has a long history or no-show’s and cancelled dates.

Like a month ago he left an entire festival (Rolling Loud)waiting because he refused to to have his entourage go through a security check, he then cancelled the show 10mins before his set was going to begin.

Last summer he cancelled his set at Panorama fest in NYC the morning of the show due to travel issues. He also cancelled his Vegas residency shows at Drai’s last year with little notice.

Blink took a chance on him as a tour mate and obviously it hasn’t worked out well for them. Hopefully they can get a replacement ASAP...get Run The Jewels or Vince Staples on this bill!

17. simonthebutler

Regular

This whole situation disappoints me. More bands should have a bit of diversity in their tour line-ups. I can't really verbalize how I think but broadly speaking I would be more excited to see weezy than blink despite being a bigger fan of blink. I wouldn't go and see him on his own show but would have been more enthusiastic about going than if the line-up was blink plus two or three pop punk bands I have seen multiple times before.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  18. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Damn, I'd love to see Vince open for blink or a Tyler/blink co-headliner.

19. dzyjay

Regular

Whole situation is such a bummer. Really curious how this plays out. Very unprofessional on lil Wayne’s part I think but don’t know what’s going behind the scenes.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Tyler is a lot bigger than blink at this point, that wouldn’t be a co-headline

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Also blink play the most straight-up, generic, poppy songs ever, especially since Matt started filling in, so playing with well-respected & admired artists would just be a weird juxtaposition.

23. haha.

Donnie Ruth and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. Kuri44

WE FORGIVE YOU!

25. Some people spiked the football too early I see.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.