Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Start Writing Next Album This Year • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2017.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Exactly what I was thinking

defmytones likes this.
  2. RiseAgainst379

Regular

I'll hop on board the My Shame is True > California bandwagon. Both good records, but I felt the songwriting on MSIT was stronger and overall enjoyed it more.

Daniel182 likes this.
  3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

You think things would have been different if After Midnight was the comeback single?

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really want a new Alkaline Trio album

5. It woulda been too slow for the first single, fans woulda hated it, and didn't do well when released. But maybe.

6. 44DeLonge

Please Mark Hoppus go back to +44...
    blink 182 is nothing without Tom DeLonge. Its like a blink 182 cover band but not blink 182.
    California is cool but its deffo not blink 182. Its not the same.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

But you're wrong because it is blink-182.

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. JohnnyStacks

Regular

You're both wrong and right. It's not truly Blink without Tom but legally, it is definitely Blink 182

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

How weird but awesome would it be if the next record went #1 too and they had more #1's with Matt than with Tom

Chuck! likes this.
  10. testtime

Regular

I don't care if they have more number ones with Matt. You ask any random person to name a blink song and it's most likely all the small things.
    I have spoken

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I also had eggs for breakfast

youngplanetary likes this.
  12. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Are you 5?

13. I think this is actually Tom Delonge

14. slimfenix182

Has one person in here said that the best lineup of blink ISN'T the one with Mark and Tom? Like others have said I also have no idea what your point is

15. testtime

Regular

it seems that's what everyone is saying--yes. and you guys are way too uptight. you all are getting pretty upset when I'm not even trying to offend. Getting too AP up in here.

16. testtime

Regular

17. slimfenix182 Mar 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2017)
    slimfenix182

Saying a band is dead to you and continuing to comment on said band's thread is the most AP thing ever lol

^ @wrong person whoops

Ryan and FTank like this.
  18. testtime

Regular

I've never said the band was dead to me. lol. I'm actually one of the biggest supporters of Los Angeles and Home is such a lonely place. In fact, LA is probably better, imo, than anything on Neighborhoods. Regardless, Tom is the jam. A blink show isn't blink 182 without Tom. I posted a video of tom saying "hold this battle axe make sure it's fucking sharp, make sure it's ready for fucking death."
    That right there is blink 182. I'm not even trying to offend. Hell, i've never said a single negative thing about Matt.

#AP

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That's my favorite track off Neighborhoods, but I can't see how that would have been any bigger. That album just didn't connect with a majority of the fan base.

That said, California is fine, the deluxe edition will be cool, new tunes are always something to get excited about, Blink is on a tremendous hot streak right now and I don't blame them for wanting to keep it going. Grammy nomination, major festival spots, I'm not sure even the biggest fans thought this would be case.

20. slimfenix182

Dammit there's two threads going at once. That was Vegetables in the other thread. My bad haha.

testtime likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

Some really good songs on that one imo.

Chcurry182 likes this.
  22. Chuck!

Regular

There's some songs I like a lot. But it has the most bad songs of any of their records (aside from, like, Buddha or whatever)

23. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I loved it but that's an extremely unpopular opinion.

Chcurry182 likes this.
  24. JohnnyStacks

Regular

If you click his name and then select block you won't have to see his post anymore. It's turned this thread around for me.

25. testtime

Regular

Such an AP thing to say. Don't bring down Chorus to AP level of douchebaggery.