Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Start Writing Next Album This Year • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Jason Tate Mar 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2017)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I kinda just accepted that was Blink-182 a long time ago.

Mike J and scottlechowicz like this.
  2. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Sigh. Here's to the ones who dream.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow

That could be next years album title:

blink-18

Get it, for 2018?

bad joke ill see myself out

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So great to see them rolling full steam ahead. Just finished the Travis Barker book on Audible. Always looking forward to new music.

Jason Tate and Ryan like this.
  5. defmytones

Regular

But it is their best album in years. Untitled is going on 14 years ago, which no doubt was a phenomenal record. I have to say with all the turmoil this band has had since announcing reunion back in 2009 it's damn impressive Mark and Travis still have such a passion for keeping it going. Keep Skiba and keep proper album cycles, not almost 15 years in between great Blink music.

Chuck! and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Can't wait to hear new stuff from them. Seconding what Jason said; having blink-182 put out new music regularly, is amazing. They all seem happy above all else and thats something I think fans, media, whomever don't always take into account. California is a catchy fun record and I still spin it today.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Probably an unpopular opinion but My Shame is True was the best Alkaline Trio album in a long time and far better than California, which was realistically average at best.

Bummed that this likely means ALK3 is on hiatus and in turn, we get worse music.

RiseAgainst379 likes this.
  8. JohnnyStacks

Regular

At least you acknowledged it was an unpopular opinion

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean I agree it was the best Trio album in a long time. Since Crimson. Trio and blink are 1-2 for me, and I probably do give the edge to Shame. But I've always thought Matt and Dan are better songwriters period. That being said, I enjoy California far more and have probably listened to it at least 5 times as much.

10. More people should have bought Alk3 albums then. I'm glad Matt's making money.

11. honkytonk Mar 30, 2017
    honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I'd personally prefer a bit more of a breather before the next Blink album. I think a bit of time to settle down and write thoughtfully would be a great move if they're serious about continuing on without Tom indefinitely. I wonder what would go down if Tom and Mark ran into each other on the street haha.

Regardless, I'd rather a new Alkaline Trio album at this point. My Shame Is True is great and I'd love to hear a follow up sooner than later!

12. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

This just shows the work ethic Mark and Travis had all along, but couldn't fulfill thanks to you-know-who. Now, they're making up for lost time. I don't LOVE their new music, but I respect their diligence.

13. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I wouldn't say Tom has a bad work ethic.....just has grand ideas and is working on multiple projects. Blink wasn't his sole priority like Mark made it.

14. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I love Blink but California has very little lasting value compared to their older releases. I know nostalgia and all that plays a part but I find myself skipping most of the songs whenever they come on shuffle.

15. JohnnyStacks Mar 30, 2017
    JohnnyStacks

Regular

To me the new album sounds like it could've thrown in that new Bon Jovi song rollercoaster and it'd fit

16. testtime

Regular

stop with the name calling, this isn't ap, so don't bring that nonsense back.

17. testtime

Regular

nobody is flaming Jesse Lacey for his lack of "proper album cycles."

18. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Not sure what this has to do with Blink or anything, but for what it's worth, people have been giving Brand New shit for a few years now because of the lack of album cycles and constant teasing of new music, promises, etc. then not doing anything.

defmytones likes this.
  19. JohnnyStacks

Regular

You need to relax. And Brand New can do whatever the fuck they want because they're the Stanley Kubrick of the Rock scene.

20. Haha, like ... daily.

Dirty Sanchez and defmytones like this.
  21. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

As much as I would like a fast follow up to California and the deluxe edition, I feel this only pushes the next Alkaline Trio further out, and I think I'd prefer a new Alkaline Trio album to a new Blink-182 album at the minute.

defmytones and honkytonk like this.
  22. testtime

Regular

lol

23. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

You can't honestly be comparing Jesse Lacey and Tom.....please tell me you're joking

Dirty Sanchez and defmytones like this.
  24. defmytones

Regular

Dude at this point I can't figure out exactly what your point is.

Timmiluvs, FTank and slimfenix182 like this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious