Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Start Writing Next Album This Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 talked with Zane Lowe over at Beats 1 about the band’s plans for the rest of the year:

We’ll take a little bit of time off, and then at the end of this year we’ll go back in the studio and start writing the next album. We have such a positive energy going on right now … a creative flow. Everybody has a bunch of ideas and we want to capture that. We’ll get in the studio as soon as possible

It’s nice to live in a world where Blink-182 want to put out music on a regular basis.

2. gabe

gabebravo.com

New Blink is always welcomed.

3. Chuck!

Regular

I still love California. This is good news

Ryan and scottlechowicz like this.
  4. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Still wish they used a different name. I love Alkaline Trio and I love Travis but no matter this is not Blink. It's no different than Plus 44. You hear Plus 44 and it's missing something just like Boxcar Racer was missing something.

5. testtime

Regular

Elevator was the best song by BCR. Mark Tom and Travis need to be together. Plus, we let Mark write a full album and he gave us California...No thanks. You guys tried without Tom, it doesn't work.

6. ARo24

Regular

I still jam California on the reg. Glad to hear this.

Ryan and scottlechowicz like this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It isn't blink without Tom even if he doesn't want to be there.

testtime likes this.
  8. TFT87

Regular

I just want another Enema of the State.

9. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

LOL, I'm not even a fan of California but you're crazy if you think this isn't working.

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's not missing anything. This is blink. Bands change members ALL the time.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Weird. Because it looks to me like it's working just fine.

parkerxcore and scottlechowicz like this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

New album should be done in a month guys. They're just farting out tunes left right and center.

testtime likes this.
  13. lol, come on it was a massive success.

14. testtime

Regular

lets not compare chart position in 2017.

what's your bar? I'd say California's marketing campaign was bigger than anything blink had done in 10+years.

15. Chuck!

Regular

People who want Tom back: did you hear Neighborhoods? Because it was bad

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. Chuck!

Regular

The tour was massively successful. Bored To Death did great on radio. The album is their best in many years.

Those are three pretty big things imo

17. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

They're definitely capitalizing on their momentum. Deluxe edition is like an album between albums and the new music keeps coming. They're touring, HISALP is getting pushed on radio and now everyone knows that even more new stuff is coming sooner rather than later.

18. You can't argue they had a massive marketing push to make a massive album, massive tour, massive single .... and that the album failed.

defmytones likes this.
  19. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

brace yourselves for the smallest display of progression in the history of music

goation and testtime like this.
  20. testtime

Regular

true, granted I never said the album failed. I said it doesn't work without tom. And it's blink 182. If neighborhoods had the same marketing push who knows what that albums success would have looked like. But i'm not even saying Neighborhoods was a better album. Just saying it doesn't work without Thomas Archibald Delonge.

21. They had a large budget as well. The lead single just didn't take.

And, it clearly did work without Tom. Arguing it didn't is ahistorical.

22. testtime

Regular

Saying the album is the best in many years is weird. It's only competing with Neighborhoods in that, and that's subjective. Sure I think Los Angeles and Home is better than anything on Neighborhoods, but it's nowhere near untitled--and that deserves to be mentioned by me :crylaugh:

23. testtime

Regular

Do you prefer California to Neighborhoods?

24. Yes (and DED, and everything Tom's ever done solo). And turns out a fuck ton of people did too, as I said ... huge single, huge tour, all kinds of new fans.

Erwin89, Daniel182, Ryan and 2 others like this.
  25. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Yeah, you can not deny how successful this album was. @testtime is insane if he thinks it didn't work. My gripe is that I just miss the unique sound they all brought to the table. Skiba can rip the shit out of rhythm guitar but Tom's lullaby riffs are what I miss. Glad they had this success with this album but just can't get onboard with how generic the albums lyrics and sound is.

Chcurry182 likes this.