Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Release “Bored to Death” as First Single • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I think Skiba instantly makes the band better by not being Tom.

2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Stoked for this, but nervous at the same time. I have confidence but it could go either way.

3. I just hope whatever the album ends up being that it has lasting value. I stopped listening to Neighborhoods very soon after it was released. I loved the Dogs Eating Dogs EP, but basically put that one on the back burner a month or so later. I want this to be different.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I was actually thinking the title was a commentary on how Tom looked while he was there.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

God damn I am getting so excited for this album.

6. Tata Toothy

Regular

I would be pleased with that ratio.

I'm looking forward to April 26th it's going to be awesome hearing something new.

7. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

I have such high expectations for this. I'm both excited to hear it and terrified that it won't be good enough.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

UPDATE: Preorders will be delayed 8 months, but here's a 2 page PDF of the original (life-changing) concept of it all now go fuck yourself.

9. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

looks like it got switched to may 3

10. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

11. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

It'll be interesting to see if they combine motifs. I think in the back of our heads, we're all kind of expecting a song about fucking a dead family member or something.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

B-)

13. joebosslet

Yea i'm stoked on this album!

14. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

If it's not obvious from my avatar, it's clear that I'm more than stoked for this!!

15. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. Judging from Tom's recent interview (can't recall where), it seems like he's made peace with the whole ordeal, but I wouldn't be surprised for there to be at least a little bit of Tom bashing on the new album. If Blink wrote from recent life experiences, you know they'd have to at least address this on a few songs.

16. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

I've never been more excited for blink related anything since they reunited at the Grammys back in '09!

17. justjess

Right on my birthday :fist:

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

but will Jason Schwartzman play drums on it?

19. the album is mastered!

Serh likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Nice!

21. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Figures, just as soon as we get a song title, it gets pushed back a week. I so hate hype these days.

22. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

That's just for the release to radio. Doesn't mean they won't release the song sooner. Singles are typically released to the public a week or two, and sometimes more before they actually hit the charts. Still crossing my fingers for an April release.

23. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Think that was part of the rundown that was posted by someone at KROQ who got a first listen to a lot of the album.

24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Agreed. I mean, look at what NFG did with Resurrection. They really took the gloves off on Steve so I only imagine it being more tense with Tom and Blink. I can't wait to hear it!

macbethfan likes this.