Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Release “Bored to Death” as First Single • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I'm 99% sure this will be better than Neighborhoods so that's all that matters.

chickenlover likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

well then...

3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Would be an accurate statement if that's what it is.

4. skurt

Travis posted this earlier, sequencing for the record is underway!!!

"Cookin up some new music and sequencing the new blink-182 album "
    [​IMG]

5. Mack

I don't like raisins.

This guy gets it. Also excited very excited to hear this song. Hopefully optimistic.

6. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I really hope it's good. For the sake of the band and for us as listeners

7. Mack

I don't like raisins.

You think so? I know Feldmann has done a lot of pop heavy bands in the past. But he was also working with some younger more "naive" bands. Mark, Travis and even Matt are veteran artists that know what kind of sound they want. I have a hard time thinking that they would just be down for letting Feldmann take the steering wheel. Considering how Mark describes how working with Jerry Finn was, I would assume working with Feldmann is very similar; a very collaborative process. At least I fucking hope so. haha

alex miller likes this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

As if waiting for the album release wasn't bad enough they have us waiting a month for the single! Can't wait to hear it!

skurt likes this.
  9. skurt

Time to be bored to death for 3 weeks.

CMilliken likes this.
  10. Yet, none of the Blink guys have actually announced the single. All the info we have is coming from James Bond internet users, ha. Imagine if we didn't have Reddit and shit. We'd know nothing!

Jason Tate and CMilliken like this.
  11. chris-wrecker

Trusted

All I want as an interview with all of them about the album, I think that would be enough to hold me over until the album release.

alex miller likes this.
  12. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I thought I had read somewhere that it was mostly Mark singing with Matt providing harmonies.

CMilliken likes this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

love the title

14. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

You can tell Matt Skiba is involved because it has death in it.

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Feldmann is VERY hands-on with all of his bands. His fingerprints are going to be all over this, which is a great thing. They've long needed an outside voice.

16. CMilliken

Trusted

I'd almost prefer to know nothing.

17. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Really excited for this.

18. CMilliken

Trusted

I've heard the same thing.

19. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I believe it was someone from KROQ that heard about 8 songs with mostly Mark singing. That leaves potential for 3-5 more songs where Mark and Matt are evenly mixed or Matt singing predominantly.

20. Mack

I don't like raisins.

I agree, Blink's best albums are ones that they had Finn working with them on. I read an article that said the new blink songs are "loud" which, fuck yeah I am on board 100%. Neighbourhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs both had that hollow sound (I'm looking at you Wishing Well), which drove me nuts. Having an outside ear and making the songs "meatier" again will be nothing but beneficial.

21. skurt

That is if all those she heard make it on the record, Travis said they have 26 songs.
    Curious if one of the songs she heard was "Bored to Death" or if they held off with letting people listen to it.

22. NotBruce

Regular

BREAKING: Tom announces quadruple-disc audio/follow along coloring book "Phantom Boy Space Magic Love: Excited To (after)Life" box set, out April 25th.

xmilesross likes this.
  23. skurt

I actually looked at this socials and To The Stars to see if this was true lol

24. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

haha exactly. less poop jokes, more death puns.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  25. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Been awhile since I cared about a blink announcement. Can't wait to see if Skiba really does make them a better band.