Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Play Good Morning America

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Will set my DVR as soon as it'll let me!

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome news. Pretty big!

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I'm gonna be out of town during that entire week where they'll be all over TV. I'm finally cutting cable in a couple of weeks, and I panicked for a second, but then I remembered the internet exists.

5. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Blink is playing good morning America. They've sold out man.

bodkins likes this.
  6. Tata Toothy

Regular

Is blink 182 about to blow up like fallout boy did?

This is huge for them.

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wow exciting to see pop punk back in the national spotlight, if only for three minutes.

Jake Z likes this.
  8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Probably not cause the genre is off the radar but I would love a revival and for it to be more mainstream instead of what's been on the top 40 for the last few years

Jake Z likes this.
  9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Dude. Fall Out Boy blew up like blink-182. As big as they are now it is nowhere as big as blink was back in the day.

Fun fact: Saw FOB play on a side stage at a blink concert.

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

my thoughts

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Nice to see them back in the limelight.

12. razorburn

Trusted

Awesome.

13. Tata Toothy

Regular

I get that, but blink disappeared for a while. Fallout boy way a scene band for a long time then they were everywhere. That's why I was using that example. Not trying to compare the band's.

The last time I saw blink Scott was drumming(some younger fans might not remember him). Maybe fallout was a bad example, I just see blink 182 about to break out like never before in the main stream. Bigger than the early 90s-00's.

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I see them re-breaking out for lack of better terms. But bigger than they were in the early 00's might be a stretch. They were literally EVERYWHERE back then and their songs had huge crossover mainstream appeal. Not saying it's not possible, but looking forward to the ride!

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Fall Out Boy wasn't really a scene band after FUCT.

16. Tata Toothy

Regular

I agree with you. It's going to be a fun ride, it's been so long since I've seen so much blink 182 attention. It's going to be a fun summer.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  17. Tata Toothy

Regular

Yes and that's about the time they started getting bigger and bigger. They were a scene band with take this to your grave, then they were everywhere. Which was awesome.

18. Ryan Hayden

could be like green day's second coming when american idiot came out in '05

Tata Toothy likes this.
  19. Tata Toothy

Regular

That's a much better example than fallout boy, FOB jus popped in my head when i made that post. I see blink 182 getting massive again it's going to be a fun summer.

Ryan Hayden likes this.
  20. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Is "Bored To Death" Michal Strahans new theme song ?

SEANoftheDEAD and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  21. Jake Z

Regular

Amen. Would love to see Blink blow up again.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  22. don't fret

Blink is already selling out amphitheaters pre record release. They are still huge.

Ryan, Dirty Sanchez and bptky like this.
  23. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Wonder how Skiba feels about all these tv/radio spots and promos. As much as I love Alkaline Trio, I'm not sure those guys have ever had to experience this much spotlight.

DannyZach likes this.
  24. Ryan Hayden

By the way. Fantastic user name ;)

25. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I never got into Fall Out Boy...don't like any of their songs and hate that they're often compared to Blink 182.