Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 to Perform on Monday Night Football

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Too bad I don't have ESPN

3. torres

Regular

I wish it was The Get Up Kids performing on Monday Night Football, they're cranking out better tunes as of late than Blink but aren't get credit for it!

Congrats to Blink tho

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

What the heck is Monday Night Football doing on ESPN? Surprised it's not on one of the over-the-air national channels.

5. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

No band of mine is gonna play any foosball

6. BradBradley

Regular

The prerecorded halftime shows have been awful so far.

Mr. Serotonin and a nice person like this.
  7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

MNF changed to ESPN a long time ago, after NBC started airing Sunday Night Football.

Oh, and as someone else said, the black and white halftime "performances" have felt out of place, and really should be advertised as music videos.

8. Colby Searcy

Maybe it's just my region (Houston) but we only get MNF on national syndicated stations when the Texans are playing

9. CyberInferno

That's funny. I watch it every week and never noticed. I guess that's the magic of streaming TV (YouTube TV in my case). I don't even notice what channel I'm watching because it just pops up as recommended for me.
    This is national according to the official NFL schedule (and I clicked through the next few weeks as well, and MNF is always on ESPN as @KyleK stated).

10. Colby Searcy

I'm meaning the local channels(CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) won't show it unless it's Texans. That's what I was getting at.

11. CyberInferno

Sorry, I no read good. That makes absolute sense.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

The new Blink record is fantastic.

Jason Tate and popdisaster00 like this.
  13. AMC

Regular

It's been on ESPN for like 8 years or more.

14. AMC

Regular

Go Bears!

15. BradBradley

Regular

Why is Mitch so much worse so far this season?

16. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

these pre-recorded halftime shows are so weird

17. CyberInferno

Ok I'm just way out of it. See previous comments about YouTube TV. And I guess DirecTV now was doing the same thing for me before that. Showing me what it knows I watch so I don't even know what channel it's on. Also, I have another football streaming service I use that also doesn't require me to know the channel I'm watching.

18. AMC

Regular

Ok cool. I do know if your local team is on Monday night football. It's also broadcasted on a local channel. Some sort of NFL rule. Basically you can't miss your own team..

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Did anyone see their record release show last night? I’m a longtime fan and keep trying to throw so much support their way- but it was hard to watch. No hate at all!! Still love them!! Maybe just one of those- I miss the old days.

20. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

How was it hard to watch?

21. CyberInferno

I watched it. blink-182 was never meant to be heard from high quality mics in a live environment. It had some really strong points (I liked "Darkside", for example, and I think Matt did a better job singing "Feeling This" than Tom ever did live), but both singers were also super pitchy or flat at points. Travis of course never disappoints.