Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Perform “She’s Out of Her Mind” on Kimmel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

mark's vocal range kinda non-existent anymore ay?

Raku likes this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

This kinda makes me wish they'd release the demos from California so I could hear what the songs would sound like before being processed by twelve billion computers.

4. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

Feel like all the hayo's would sound better if not sung directly into the mic and sung by both. Very distracting.

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Still don't know how Sober wasn't a single before this, even though I do like it. I think Sober would be a great single for pop stations and No Future would carry well on rock.

6. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Yeah. Not a great vocal performance by either Mark or Matt.

7. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Agree, sober would have been the better choice.

js977 likes this.
  8. beckerm6

jesus this album was processed to shit.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Maybe they're trying to ride this song out until later in the Spring and then release Sober as a single in time for the summer.

10. Eml182

Regular

Skiba sounds sick (like with a cold) - his vocals have been stronger on the tour.

11. efp722

Regular

What demos? haha. They wrote these songs in the studio, hit record, and most likely kept most of the early takes.

I'm exaggerating, sure, but I'd be very surprised if they spent more time writing the songs then they did in post.

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They did a whole batch of songs before deciding to go with Feldmann. I think that's what the previous poster is referring to.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Sober is top tier Blink. Bummer it's not a single.

14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

They've always been a better band recorded vs live...but it still sounded better then it has in the past...cool to see

15. Gen Handley

Regular

I'm a big AK3 fan and I like Blink, but just can't get into this record....

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Everyone is so jaded, that was a good performance. Yeah, they're not the tightest on vocals, but still enjoyable.

Serenity Now and Jason Tate like this.
  17. Joseph Pepe

RIGHT!? I'm guessing it will be a Summer time single as someone stated above. That song is the first chance Blink has at a cross over hit since "I Miss You" I hope they really push it come May or June.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

No where near as bad as you guys are making it out to be. No where near flawless either, but man.

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

That was a solid performance that I watched because everyone was being so critical. People are far too harsh on Blink these days

parkerxcore likes this.
  20. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

How is Sober not their next single? I swear, it would dominate. Also, didnt like the mixing of this performance but did think they were tight! Honestly, Skiba is killing it.

Serenity Now likes this.
  21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Two questions...

1) what were you expecting? Lip syncing?
    2) is this your first Blink record?

bodkins likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

No. Not really. But it would be a popular song for all the wrong reasons.

23. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

Mark has not really been the best singer ever, but compared to Tom he always sounded better so we never really noticed haha, but my issue with this performance were not the vocals, but the sound mixing. I could barely here Matt's guitar when he was in distortion. It sounded like his clean channel was a little higher, but I could really only hear Mark's bass through most of the performance.

24. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I think it's certainly what you'd expect a successful Blink 182 song would sound like in 2017.