Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 on KROQ — All the Updates • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2016.

1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Bums me out because I really want to support these dudes and that price is hella good for everything included. Maybe once my tax return money comes in I can feel like i can swing it more.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

They don't really need the money but if you're getting it because you want it then it's all good. I think i'll be fine just having the album on spotify to be honest.

3. skurt

It is a combination of both for me, I want the stuff in the bundle and to support them. But might just get tickets to the Toronto show and then buy merch there.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I had to snag me a vinyl and I went with the purple.

Dan O'Neill and jorbjorb like this.
  5. killinmesmalls82

My shipping was only $14. Why was your option 40??

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

probably shipping to canada

7. killinmesmalls82

Oh okay. Good point. I didn't think of that. Thank you.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Am I the only one that's actually really liking the art now? I didn't feel Neighborhoods art at all.

David Parke likes this.
  9. efp722

Regular

Ships I think.

10. skurt

Canada, and 40 was the cheapest of the 3 shipping options.

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

So Alkaline Trio is taking the side? Lame.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I am a gigantic Alkaline fan. I almost got their heart skull tattoo multiple times over the last 11 years (glad I didn't) but it's probably best for them to take a break. Agony, Addiction, and Shame were all just "ok" records. Crimson was the last record of theirs I was blown away by. Maybe this will help them get inspired when Blink winds down to take a break to create something insane.

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Why are you glad you didn't get the tattoo?

14. aspeedomodel

I suppose that's true. I think Shame was better than okay, but I dunno hopefully this lives up because I just haven't loved anything yet.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So many people have it that it almost became generic in a sense. It's one of many tattoos I am glad I didn't get. I do have a midtown tattoo I got a very long time ago and an Emanuel tattoo (remember them??) so thats more than enough band tats for me.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Shame had some great songs. I even loved the old school punk vibes of "She Lied to the FBI" and the Broken Wing EP is pretty damn good. Did the album blow me away like Maybe I'll Catch Fire, FHTI, Good Mourning, or Crimson? Nope.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Does anyone have a link to the KROQ interview from this morning? The site only has yesterday's interview.

18. aspeedomodel

Right, but I don't think new Blink will blow anything away either. :shrug:

Raku likes this.
  19. Jake Z

Regular

I LOVE the artwork. Wish I collected vinyl bc I bet that is going to look incredible.

David Parke likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fair. I don't think so either but I do think it will overall be more fun to listen to. I actually loved Neighborhoods for the most part. Natives, Up All Night, Wishing Well, Kaleidoscope, This Is Home, and Mh 4.18.2011 are all solid songs. However, you could feel/hear Tom not being on the same page with Mark and Travis so that hurt the album. This record will sound more on point probably.

David Parke likes this.
  21. aspeedomodel

I liked Neighborhoods a lot as well. More than most. And, I think Tom's absence will make the album really feel like a new band. Plus 44 didn't do anything for me, for the most part, and this reminds me so much of that.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I see it more as a follow up to +44 than Neighborhoods as well. I liked about half of that record but the half I did like- I REALLY liked a lot. I expect the same here; 6 songs I love and the rest being ok. That's still probably better than what would have happened had Tom stayed on course with the guys. I listened to his EP he released of songs intended for the new Blink record and wow .. just ... really bad stuff man hah.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  23. aspeedomodel

Yeah I'm expecting the same. We'll see I suppose.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. Joseph Pepe

I know kind of sad right. I feel bad for Dan and Derek, wonder how they'll stay afloat while Matt goes and makes a boat load of cash this Summer on tour.

With that being said I CANNOT be more stoked for this album and the single is everything I've wanted Blink to sound like since they got back together.

25. jordanrenshaw

Did anyone rip the KROQ interview? Missed it this morning and would love to hear the whole thing.