Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 - NINE (September 20, 2019) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

Im assuming part of it has to do with the promotional singles not being an accurate representation of the album as a whole.

2. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I mean blink fans are gonna listen to a blink album regardless, so even though BIOMY might not be what your traditional blink fan wants, but I still think it’s probably the most “radio ready” song on this album. Songs like Pin the Grenade are fantastic, but it’s not a lead single in 2019. I think the rollout worked just fine.

3. I agree. While there may be better SONGS on the album, I can't think of any better radio-friendly singles than the ones that they released.

slimfenix182, teebs41 and David Parke like this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Well I really didn't like the singles soooooo....I'm not a huge fan of Blink in general. TOYPNJ was pretty decent, I adored Untitled, and a few tracks from the subsequent releases, less and less as we've moved closer to the present. Just trying to see where this ranks up in that mix.

5. Could be single bias but BIOMY and Darkside stand out on the album as otherworldly in a good way. Also need to spend more time on the album. GD and happy days and IRWIHY fit in very nicely to the context of the record.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listening to this all day again is going be a joy

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoy this record. Early favorites are Pin the Grenade, On Some Emo Shit, Darkside and Hungover You

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Black Rain sounds like it could have been Crimson and is easily my favorite thing here.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah Black Rain is pretty solid

333 GANG and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. DesolateEarth

Birb

Will be checking this out with all the good stuff I'm hearing! It comes out the same day as the switch lite so I might have to make time for both somehow.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. Can't you listen to music and play a video game at the same time? :shrug:

falafelmywaffle and irthesteve like this.
  12. DesolateEarth

Birb

I could but I am one of those people who struggles with focusing on two things at once media wise haha

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I can't even type a text with loud music going lol

Dan O'Neill and Jason Tate like this.
  14. haha i'm kind of the same honestly. like, i can play a video game with other music on as long as the video game is muted. my fiancee thinks i'm crazy though because i lose my mind when i'm watching a movie or listening to music when she decides to scroll through instagram videos and snapchats. i can't handle it, haha.

David Parke likes this.
  15. irthesteve

I'm the opposite, I need constant music throughout my workday or I get antsy. Silence is distracting

16. silence is distracting for sure. i'm all about having music or a podcast going. but if some other music comes over the top of the music i'm trying to listen to, my brain melts.

333 GANG and Lenin like this.
  17. irthesteve

oh god, yes of course! Two audio streams mixing over each other is the worst. I thought this was about texting and listening to music, haha

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

19. irthesteve

I'm really, really happy with this album. Second listen even better than the first, some of Matt's vocals on this thing are the most intense I have heard him in a while. This album is really something special

20. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

“Pin the Grenade” is my favourite Blink song in forever. Absolute beaut of a chorus.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Doomsday Sep 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2019)
    Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This album has resonated with me a lot more than Cali has, and I enjoyed Cali quite a lot. I am just fully on board with this new direction, it really feels like the boys have figured out what they wanna make together. This makes for a very satisfying experience as a blink fan, as a Matt fan, as a fan of this kinda music in general. I am connecting with this album a lot more immediately than I did Cali, which is fun when I consider how this will affect me in the long term vs that album that did.

I am listening to this album while high on marijuana, amphetamines and a tiny bit of psychedelics, and I like to think it's just adding onto the good vibes I'm feeling while listening to a new Blink record in 2019. I love this band. In case you missed it, I love this band!!

After more than enough listens, I can safely say the only track I don't ~actually like on this is Generational Divide. I didn't like it when I first heard it, I don't really like it now and when I compare it to every other track on this record I don't really feel anything for it. The other tracks I am not big into atm are The First Time, Ransom and Run Away. I am sure they'll grow on me in time but aside from that... I reaaally like everything else

22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

haha yep that'll do it

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. I don't like this record as a whole but damn No Heart to Speak of is sick

24. pbueddi

Trusted

Really? I think it's excellent as a whole. California, not as much. Just some solid songs.