Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 - NINE (September 20, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. BenSmith94

Trusted

There are 10 letters in 'Tom DeLonge'.

In conclusion, the album title is a secret message the band feels like they are not complete with Tom.

Or, y'know, the sequential thing.

Brent and Linton9488 like this.
  2. DesolateEarth

Birb

There are 9 letters in the name Matt Skiba
    "Blink-182" is 9 characters long
    September is the 9th month of the year
    Blink have used to word "No" in many songs and the word no in German is "Nein" which sounds like "Nine"
    ..I'm on to something y'all.

disambigujason and David Parke like this.
  3. This relationship feels one sided

8EDD55C3-E349-46D6-8F63-6C275120ADFD.png

4. BenSmith94

Trusted

Here's what you do.
    1. Call them from a pay phone
    2. Tell them you're from the police
    3. Let them know their husband is in jail

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Darkside is real good, going to be a solid album.

6. [​IMG]

ZooZooChaCha, David Parke and teebs41 like this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

moore182, teebs41, sonder and 3 others like this.
  8. teebs41, sonder, pbueddi and 2 others like this.
  9. teebs41 and David Parke like this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I love the album art, and Darkside is fucking great. Skiba's verse is sooo Alkaline Trio and he sounds great on the chorus too. So exited for this

mescalineeyes likes this.
  11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This album will always be Bojmir to me.

12. tomtom94

Trusted

Darkside sounds like the lead single to the lost third Matt Skiba and the Sekrets album and I am here for it

13. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Reported for stealing internet points :teethsmile:

Jason Tate and teebs41 like this.
  14. fran.182 Jul 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2019)
    fran.182

Regular Prestigious

I love the album art - it's easily my second favorite from them after the self-titled one. I think the watercolor palette mixed with the neon sign (as if recalling the '80s) fits post-2003 blink sonority and I hope it fits this album particularly well.

By that I mean real diversity and experimentation. For their standards, of course... I'm not expecting them to be Radiohead, but the self-titled record showcased they can bring post-hardcore/post-punk/new wave sensibilities and different recording techniques to their main pop punk vibe, etc. Why not go other road forward this time?

BIOMY was a jump towards synthpop, however the other three felt like blink by the numbers (not saying "Happy Days" isn't a jam anyway).

It seems they have backtracked a bit with the "experimentation" comments lately, but some months ago Mark and Travis didn't just say they had a different songwriting approach this time. They did say blink was trying different song structures; going into weird directions; trying to push the boundaries of what the band is; hell, even striving not to fall into a formula regarding vocal duties (48:25 onwards)... Although I can't find it at the moment, there was also a radio interview in which Mark spoke about using some different instrumentation for this record... Hope all of that happens.

P.S. Nine is a lame title. I hate it when artists name a record after its numeration in their discography.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Don’t mind the title of 9 - it’s a 2019 release, their 9th album (depending how you count), they made it big in 1999. So seems appropriate.

16. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

And they’ve been lost since 1999

17. I’m super excited for this album. Every single has been a solid hit for me.

18. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

I don’t think I’ve expressed my love for the album cover yet. I want to get a huge poster of it.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I still think Generational Divide would have been a great album title

333 GANG, bradsonemanband and .K. like this.
  20. tomtom94

Trusted

I reckon Generational Divide was going to be the album title but probably isn't for the same reason they considered and abandoned No Future as a title for California.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Did Blink’s release date official move Simple Creatures 2?

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Not sure yet. I think Simple Creatures on 9/13 was only mentioned in an interview. No official announcement for that date yet.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I thought September as well when Blink sounded it could come in July. I’m guessing they’ll push SC back, but all the Mark music is welcome.

Daniel182 likes this.
  24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I can see both being released around the same time. Simple Creatures is supposed to tour this fall too. We'll see.

25. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I am a little drunk but man am I ever getting hyped for this new album. I really like California, but these songs are giving me a different kind of hype. I think the hype i felt for California was a bit bigger because of obvious reasons (time, events, Matt Skiba) but with these songs they just feel a lot more comfortable with themselves at this point in their career or something. I am still not huge into Generational Divide but BIOMY, Darkside and Happy Days are hitting so hard with me.

I just can't wait to sit down with this record in full and let it take me over, the shit I really like and the more difficult stuff hahahah

Edit: please give me Matt Skiba blink songs that are just the chorus of Darkside x10