Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 - NINE (September 20, 2019) Album • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

blink is on it

2. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I see now. Thank you.

3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Man, Mark's 'verse' on that is everything I don't like about Mark's recent output. He can't sing any other way except for a vocal rhythm that is gridded exactly to the drums. This one is especially bad, but I hear it so much on songs like I Really Wish I Hated You.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah it's pretty bad haha. I don't know if Travis is part of the song, but either way this is like... the 5th? 6th? blink feature without Matt. Which is totally fine, they can do whatever they way, it's just interesting that Mark is all about collaborating, but using the blink name instead of his own

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Never heard of either of these two artists, but I enjoyed Mark’s vocals for the cameo.

Also, these cross over collaborations as a means of exposure is nothing new. Promotes a new band or artist, allows to build a bridge in music styles or generations and can make people some money.

6. irthesteve

I don't think anyone claimed that they didn't understand the concept of collaborations

7. irthesteve

featuring Travis and Mark, aka blink-182

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I still listen to this album regularly. I love the whole vibe and BIOMY has aged extremely well over the year.

SteveLikesMusic, pbueddi, .K. and 2 others like this.
  9. irthesteve

10. irthesteve

11. Great song

12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

No skiba involved in those one either...interesting

13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If someone is choosing to lock down during a pandemic and doesn’t have the resources to contribute, then I am glad Mark and Travis with help of John are still creating music and allowing him the freedom to lay low. There is really no need to over read the situation.

All three members were in the video for now, and we jus got a new song. It’s like people wanted friction in the band. Maybe there is, or maybe they are busy all writing and eager to make a new album.

14. irthesteve

How many blink songs/features is that in a row? I think like... 5?

15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I don’t follow them closely enough to know it was just a spur of the moment observation tbh

16. latortuga

Regular

I've been spinning 9 quite a lot lately, so many good tracks. Great tunes for working in the yard

17. Haven't listened to this in a while. Nice summer day, think I'm gonna throw it on.

18. Mcrx

Regular

Nice! I just heard it for the first time like day before yesterday, and then replayed some faves yesterday. It's a good one!

19. pbueddi

Trusted

Still my go to right now when I want to listen to some Blink.

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Been listening to Nine a lot last few weeks. Still love it. Pretty much just rotating between that, folklore, and blink's Untitled

21. MikeERayner

Trusted

For real, No Heart and Hungover You fucking rip.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been diving back into this over the weekend.

Throw out “I Really Wish” and it’s not only better than California, I think it’s as good as Dude Ranch and BCR/+44 records.

The back half fucking RIPS.

24. irthesteve

BCR > Nine > Dude Ranch > California > +44

fredwordsmith likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21 Jul 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2021)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

BCR and NINE are pretty damn close together for me. Both albums are catchy, dark, heavy, melodic, and have great production. At age 34, NINE gives me the updated feeling that BCR did when I was 15-18 years old. I love it.

Pretty interesting to me too because I feel like Mark has been trying to make something like NINE for a long time.