Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 - NINE (September 20, 2019) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. TheJMan

Trusted

I kind of got sick of it before the album dropped even though I didn't listen to it as much as I did when Bored To Death dropped. It randomly came on when I had my iPhone on shuffle over the weekend and it was the first time I heard it in a while and enjoyed it again. I just think it's a lower tier NINE song.

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d like to see them do another deluxe version. 15 songs plus a b side already with more to come sounds good.

Also, Blame It On My Youth is a really catchy mainstream kind of song. Even though it’s no where near my favourite from the album it’s got those stuck in your head qualities.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. yocoxy

Worst song on the album, only time I don't skip it is when I can't reach my phone

SFguitar, hongfong00 and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like BIOMY. Makes me feel good lol.

I’m still very convinced Jack Antonoff was a ghost writer of the song or something lol. The chorus riff and melodies are so Bleachers-esque

5. that's me with "happy days"

Kuri44 and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. yocoxy

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love both BIOMY and Happy Days. They both make me feel... happy

BTDandFeelingThis and Dumblecore like this.
  8. Kuri44

I really try to like Happy Days but it just won’t click for me.

Though I have made progress from absolutely hating it to just not thinking it’s a good song.
    HD and IRWIHY are still my least favorites

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Happy Days is great, what a strong chorus

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like how different the singles were from each other. I’d say most of my favourites from the album weren’t released in advance though

Kuri44 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah those are definitelyy my least favorite songs on the record heh. Way too generic and similar to every other pop punk group today imo. Darkside, too

12. Kuri44

BIOMY has definitely been a slow grower for me, but I really love it now. I think releasing it as the first single/song was a bit underwhelming, but in the context of the album as well as just time, I’ve come to really appreciate and enjoy it

13. pbueddi

Trusted

I like BIOMY, but it isn't in my upper tier of NINE songs.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Blame It doesn’t really represent the album Nine, but probably represented where they were at that stage of writing and recording.

15. BIOMY stuck to me like glue the day it came out. I listened to it so much, but never got sick of it. It’s not in the top tier Nine songs, but it’s still one I never skip. Happy Days though... I like the verses but that’s all. The chorus kills it for me every time for some reason. Too repetitive maybe? I don’t know. But it’s my least favorite on Nine for sure, and it’s still not even a bad song.

David Parke, slimfenix182 and .K. like this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I REALLY liked this when it first came out and instantly thought it was better than California but honestly I've barely gone back to it since like a month later. Not sure what that means, I'll give it another shot soon, but I will say I listened to CA for months on end when it came out

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

Wow that dude can sing

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Damn sucks they replaced Skiba already :(

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Does it tho?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. irthesteve

22. huntercrunch

Regular

I might just be overthinking some harmless joking on social media, but I expect Matt will probably be out of the band in the next year or two.

Too bad for me, I've never really liked Tom's voice or his post untitled songwriting, while I love Matt's voice and he is one of my favorite songwriters. Their last two albums are my favorite stuff they've done. I know a lot of people don't like them, but whatever. Opinions and all that.

23. RyanPm40

Good riddance to Matt if that happens, I wish they'd do it sooner rather than later

DefeatTheLow likes this.
  24. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I cant pre-hype with blink anymore but it IS funny that they are joking on Insta like that, Travis releases a drum video for an old Tom song, and Tom has Boomer shirts from the First Date music video up on his ToTheStars webstore now.

I love Trio with Skiba, but blink was always Tom and Mark for me, so if they ever do anything again, i'll check it out.

25. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Blink will always be mark, tom and travis. But I dont see Tom coming back anytime soon.