Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Live in Kingston (Acoustic)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. berbakay

Man it was so good.

Everyone went crazy when Matt started singing on I Miss You, he crushed it.

They also played Always in the 2nd show and it sounded great.

3. eyeamthu1

So so good. Privilege to be there

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I was about to say, Matt crushed I Miss You. Literally multiplied my excitement for the show this summer.

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

There is no denying Matts a much better singer than what Tom has been in the last decade.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Been wanting to hear Matt on I Miss You! Sounds great.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Matt doesn't just sound better than Tom by twenty landslides, he sounds better than Matt has sounded with any of his own projects in like 10 years. Dude is really taking the ball and running with it and I'm thrilled for him.

8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Video brought to you by Motorola Razr.

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Ditto the sentiment on Matt love. Hopefully this will produce some reinvigorated Trio material too at some point.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow, these are great. I was 100% ok with them going on before, but seeing and hearing these acoustic renditions just cements it

dvdjmskng and Dan O'Neill like this.
  11. Eml182

Regular

Totally agree - he is on a whole other level right now.

12. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Matt has me so excited to see blink this summer. He sounds great.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Did anyone make it to the Pinegrove instore at Banquet before the Blink show? If so, you must have had a pretty stellar night!

So...the show was incredible. Not the smoothest show I've ever been to, but honestly...who cares?! I'm with everyone else who says that Matt KILLED the vocals. He sounds ridiculously good + I got the feeling that he was holding back. That guy can really sing, and there were times when you wanted him to let loose (mainly when playing Bored to Death) but he never really went for it.

Oh...and most importantly, it looked like they were having fun! Last time I saw Blink, Mark + Tom stood on opposite sides of the stage, raced through the songs and got the crowd to say 'Fuck' a few times. This time, they were chatting inbetween songs, exchanging in-jokes and interacting with the crowd. I don't know if it's just because the crowd was pretty small...but it felt like this band has been re-energised.

14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I think he started to get his shit back together when Trio released "My Shame Is True". I saw them in Glasgow in 2014 and he sounded fantastic.

15. Stevie

Regular

Can't believe they covered New England by Billy Bragg - My band have covered that for a long time, we have our first show in 2 years on the 24th, been rehearsing that song for a couple of weeks - me and my drummer lost our minds when they pulled that one out! Special moment for us...

Skiba was absolutely fantastic. Such a good evening, still buzzing today.

16. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

ugman_2000 likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Performing acoustically live on Radio 1 now, and again later on a live show with Creeper, Moose Blood and a few more.

Matt is killing it.

18. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Acoustic set for the BBC sounded great. Matt was fantastic.

19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Josie acoustic? Fuck yes

suppyguppy likes this.
  20. suppyguppy

Regular

Just watched the whole set on YouTube. Gotta say, I was on the fence about them continuing on with the Blink name after Tom left until I watched this. They might not be the same without Tom but they're certainly better. Skiba blows him out of the water vocally and is obviously more invested in the live sound.

21. suppyguppy

Regular

Even more stoked for the new song today now.